Engineering Capability Programmer/Analyst
Company:BDUKL - United Kingdom
Location:GBR - Bristol, UK
Job Description Summary:Provides assistance to design, program and execute test plans. Implements, documents and maintains routine computing applications and software. Assists in gathering and evaluating end user requirements. Writes and compiles routine code and constructs routine database objects based on documented design. Modifies or upgrades applications to maintain software functionality. Documents, validates and researches reported problems and assists in developing user training.
(COMPANY NAME) is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:No relocation available
Export Control:This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
At (COMPANY NAME), we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
We are looking for an Engineering Capability Programmer/Analyst to provide the day to day support of the engineering based applications as part of a team of support engineers.
You will liaise with other teams, support organisations, suppliers and customers as appropriate to ensure that all live services can be sustained and issues, problems and actions resolved within the SCIS Contract Service Level Agreements (SLA).
This role requires that the individual has a high level of customer focus, technical understanding and application business knowledge.
* As appropriate support the applications where there is the need to perform out of hours on call support on a rota basis.
* Deliver suitable documentation to support tasks allocated.
* Support delivery of corrective and adaptive changes as required
* Interact with third party suppliers in conjunction with the Supply Chain Management team as directed to achieve the service levels and the desired outcomes of the services.
* Identify and actively pursue opportunities, risks and issues to ensure effective resolution.
* Working within a Service Level Agreement (SLA) driven work place using service management/help desk call tracking tools.
* Experience of supporting applications in Unix/Linux and Windows environments.
* Practical knowledge of programming.
* Experience in Oracle and Ingres database supported application environments including database interrogation using SQL.
* Highly competent in use of MS Office tools and be willing to learn new applications/capabilities as they become available.
* Experience of documenting processes.
* Ability to work in a harmonious manner with colleagues, sub-contractors and customers is required with a view to continuing to build a team approach to delivering the best service.
* Keen to solve problems and confidently communicate with all levels of the business and customer.
* Proven ability to deliver to time Cost and Quality.
Ability to work in a harmonious manner with colleagues, sub-contractors and customers is required with a view to continuing to build a team approach to delivering the best service.
DV Clearance or ability to obtain is required
Experience of delivering Information and application support in the Defence or Government arena
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 2
Job Code:BAMBI2 (B92)