PVT BDR Co-Ordinator
At McLaren Automotive our vision is not only to become the iconic sports car manufacturer but also to deliver breath taking, iconic and innovative new technology to the automotive industry.
We recognize that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world-class employees. It is our mission to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals to join our expanding production team to produce the new range of McLaren high-performance sports cars.
The role will work as part of a small, but quickly expanding results focussed team, dedicated to assisting the production teams to effectively conduct containment activities, reporting to a Senior PVT Engineer, with one indirect report (PVT BDR Administrator) while also supporting ~6 BDR Re-Raise team members.
The role is centred around MPC BDR Co-Ordination, assisting the core engineering teams with effective containment to guarantee production capability. Alongside this the role includes enhancing BDR (Build Deviation Request) data, information, KPIs and effective reporting, while also working with action owners to close BDRs, following up on quoted closure plans both in face-to-face meetings and systematically.
The role requires an open-minded approach to work content or workload, with a wide variety of tasks experienced daily.
* Manage part recall, and containment activities for new BDRs within MPC
* Support all Engineering Teams from each project in active containment at MPC prior to offsite rework activities
* Support with training rollout activities to the wider business for BDR advances
* Arrange rework trials with all vehicle programme engineers to validate new BDRs
* Support PVT BDR Project Administrator with all data handling, accountable for managing the accuracy of the BDR data, suggesting and implementing improvement
* Maintenance of a large tracker, accurately adding required data
* Improving existing business KPIs/data handling, suggesting advances and capabilities of the latest PowerBI Software
* Support Continuous Improvement teams with software/systematic improvements required by the business improve efficiency in the team
* Utilise an understanding of lean manufacturing problem solving techniques to follow up on outstanding actions
* Validate action owners on BDR Tracker to ensure accuracy
* Manage the shared file structure for the offsite team
* Monitor part divert requirement to offsite facility, cross referencing latest BDR data to ensure accuracy
* Accountable for ensuring all data meets agreed rule set
* Adapt new data into effective reporting tools
* Lead the new data collection, and KPI metrics for tracking cost per BDR
* Support cost tracking/budgeting activities
* Develop BDR Administrator skills matrix to a work autonomously on day-to-day data cleansing and accuracy
* Adhoc management of re-raise team where variation from standard business is required
* Develop new, and improve on the processes in place to enhance operational performance, and innovate robust automation where possible
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
* Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge, including integration with MRP Systems i.e. SAP and UDEZ required including: Excel Worksheets, Functions, Advanced Formulae, VLOOKUP, INDEX+MATCH, Conditional Formatting, PIVOT Tables, & PIVOT Reporting, VBA & Macros, Data Tables, Simulations & Solver
* Advanced PowerBI knowledge, including experience of integration with MRP Systems i.e. SAP and UDEZ Automotive fitting experienced preferred
* SAP Experience necessary, including reporting, vast transaction knowledge, and process improvement experience
* Lean manufacturing principles understanding preferred
* Experience of supporting continual improvement activities for processes, systems, software and hardware
* Leadership qualities, able to negotiate an advantageous position to benefit the team, while navigating a complex process and structure
* An understanding quality and inspection principals preferred
* Prior experience with working in a small team preferred
* Prior experience of working to high pressured timescales would be advantageous
* No formal qualifications are necessary; however, a foundation in engineering and/or experience within automotive or manufacturing would be a distinct advantage
* Thorough understanding of automotive business model and product development process basics is essential
* Critical, factual and pragmatic approach based on knowledge of problem solving and cause-effects analysis methodologies
* Adjustable and open to regularly changing task types, able to adapt quickly while self-organising other background tasks to ensure their completion inline with priorities
* Quality-focused with meticulous attention to detail
* A data driven individual
* Excellent communications skills, able to discuss challenges and interpret verbal requests from all interested parties, and cascade requests to others
* The candidate must be a self-starter, trustworthy, and disciplined, able to remain focussed on completing a target when unsupervised
* An enthusiastic approach to problem resolution as a part of the wider Production Vehicle Team
* A team player, looking to integrate into an established Production Vehicle Team
* The candidate will be confident, and able to challenge teams to follow up and complete actions using all available communication outlets
* The candidate must be prepared to manage multiple complex data driven tasks at one time, while ensuring a high quality of data accuracy