(COMPANY NAME) is here to help our members cut their energy bills and reduce their carbon emissions. Our product teams make that happen. We're developing products that will deliver the future of energy - from using AI to read energy meters, to making carbon offsetting fun and simple, from finding out how to get the most from Smart Meter data to helping people get paid for their solar energy. We also power the sign-up journey that helped us become the fastest growing company in the UK last year and the internal tools that let us deliver an excellent Trust Pilot score.
We're looking for Engineering Managers to support our Engineers, drive technical initiatives and help us grow into a world class Engineering organisation. You'll manage Engineers across multiple pods with different priorities, driving high individual performance, and assisting them in their personal and professional development. We work in project-based sprints in integrated teams and encourage an open and transparent working environment.
* Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy.
* Training budget of £1000 a year, plus five working days to spend on professional or personal development. You can use this for training courses, books or conferences.
* 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more.
* After a year at (COMPANY NAME), you can take an additional month of unpaid leave to travel, work on personal projects or simply to recharge and reboot.
* 12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave.
* Every team member has the option to buy shares in (COMPANY NAME) at a later date, at a discounted price. We all own a bit of (COMPANY NAME).
* Activities to improve your mental and physical well being including office yoga and meditation.
* Private health care with Vitality
* Pension plan with employer contributions, and a cycle to work scheme
You'll spend your time:
* Line managing up to 15 engineers across multiple teams
* Supporting, coaching and developing high performance engineers
* Hiring and onboarding great engineering talent from diverse backgrounds
* Driving engineering initiatives and contributing to best practices
* Continuously improving engagement in engineering
* Supporting the engineering team with delivery of technical improvements
Who you are:
* Experienced Engineering Manager with 3 years+ experience
* You've managed highly performing teams of
* You're a great communicator and have empathetic first approach
* You're data driven, but you know when to follow your intuition to move fast