At (COMPANY NAME), we're bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
As a Quality Games Engineer within our Games Production division, you will have the opportunity to work in the Reliability Engineering team who are intrinsic to the success of our most exciting in house technology and partner games titles. You will be joining a QA division which is highly trained and arguably one of the most important teams at (COMPANY NAME).
As a QA Games Engineer, you will have expert level QA, technical and project expertise, and be driven to improve quality across designated games and project areas.
You will manage small outsource QA teams on complex multiplayer games projects. Act as a QA consultant in areas of quality risk and best QA practices, advising and educating where needed.
You will own and manage high priority expectations, deliverables and features whilst ensuring timely delivery against business timescales, needs and costs.
Areas for Impact:
Our QA team is focussed on ensuring the highest quality software possible is released. On working with and consulting with other teams to ensure the best engineering and quality practices are followed. Some of the things you can impact:
- Promoting best quality engineering practices and testing principles.
- Raising risks early and key issues in priority projects and titles.
- Report on key quality measurements for project deliverables. Creating meaningful and useful reports.
- Leverage your experience to create smart test plans leading to effective and efficient test runs and passes that uncover complex SpatialOS issues.
- Lead conversations around software and project quality Own the quality of core projects and integrate into teams to impact and drive solutions that uplift quality.
- Running Network and Performance testing passes to ensure games network infrastructure is stable and able to release with minimal impact to customers
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
* Adept at test costing, time estimation, risk analysis, and root cause analysis of defects.
* Familiarity with multiple operating systems and hardware. PC (Windows, Linux, Apple) Console (Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo), Mobile (iOS, Android)
* Strong initiative, ability to practically manage and communicate when necessary; always looking for new and better solutions to existing challenges.
* Promote cross-discipline knowledge sharing, e.g. work with technical engineers on how to best QA e.g. network traffic or performance
* Experienced with Agile methodologies, being a standard bearer for QA, representing discipline in planning, weekly meetings, daily scrums and other team Agile practices.
* Have worked with development environments such as Xcode, Visual Studio, Android SDK, Unreal or Unity as well as familiarity with source control, such as GIT, SVN or Perforce etc.
* Have familiarity/ awareness with certification processes such as Apple, Steam, Xbox or Playstation etc.
* Have awareness of ISTQB testing principles or ideally ISTQB foundation qualified (but not essential)Have experience testing multiplayer or online games
While we think the above experience could be important, we're keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that's why our teams at (COMPANY NAME) are made up of an incredible range of talented people. (COMPANY NAME) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status