About (COMPANY NAME)
(COMPANY NAME) is a global leader in digital transformation with 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of EUR 12 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands (COMPANY NAME), (COMPANY NAME)|Syntel, and Unify. (COMPANY NAME) is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of (COMPANY NAME) is to help design the future of the information space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education and research in a multicultural approach and contribute to the development of scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the Group enables its customers and employees, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably, in a safe and secure information space.
We are looking for an experienced Network Engineer to join the on-shore Network Operations team working on the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) account to undertake all activities related to BBC English Regions.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
* Provide 2nd/3rd line network support, investigating the root causes of incidents and resolving them in accordance with established processes and to agreed service level agreements.
* Undertake proactive network management activities to improve service and reduce fault re-occurrence.
* Deliver accurate and timely updates on major incidents to Incident Managers, Operations Managers and Service Managers.
* Plan, co-ordinate and execute moves and changes to customer infrastructure
* Act as a single point of contact for all BBC English Regions technical staff.
* Build and maintain good working relationships with customer representatives.
* Maintain documentation consistent with (COMPANY NAME) and BBC policies and procedures.
Signs of success
To be successful in this role, you'll need a rich combination of experience, proven skills, and personal attributes. See below to find out if you're the person we're looking for. This role will be based on a BBC English Regions site (Bristol) and travel to other sites across England will be required. Working hours are normally between 09:00 and 17:00 although there will be a requirement for out of hours working as necessary and determined by customer requirements.
Skills we can't do without:
* Cisco CCNP Routing & Switching certified
* Experience across a wide variety of platforms, including
* Cisco Catalyst switching platforms (9xxx, xxxx, xxxx, xxx0 series)
* Cisco Nexus switching platforms (9xxx, xxx0 series)
* Cisco ASR routing platforms (ASR 9000, ASR 1000 series)
* Cisco ISR routing platforms (ISK 4000, ISR G2 series)
* Driving Licence (As travel to various BBC English Regions sites will be necessary)
* Good written and verbal communication skills (Proficient English). Emphasis on written communication both with customers and documentation.
* Self-motivated and self-reliant. This role is based on a customer site and is remote from the main team.
Skills we'd like:
* ITIL certified
* Juniper certified
* Experience of the BBC account desirable.
More reasons to join us
In addition to joining a global leader in digital transformation, you can also expect a fantastic range of benefits. These include: a rewarding salary, 25 days' annual leave, private medical insurance, an attractive stakeholder pension scheme plus many more. We also operate a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to purchase discounted products and services.
What's more, we really value your progress and it's a top priority to engage, inspire and develop you to help you maximise your potential. In fact, we have comprehensive training and development programmes in place demonstrating our commitment to developing your career.
Here at (COMPANY NAME), we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our (COMPANY NAME) culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong