Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
(COMPANY NAME) people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet's resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 2xxx0 km, 3xxx0 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At (COMPANY NAME) UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that's why we offer you the flexibility to do what's important to you; whether that's part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
* Do you have state of the art design skills in power supply and analogue electronics design for the Space environment?
* Do you have experience of working in ESA Space programmes designing and developing breadboard, EM, EQM and FM electronics designs?
* Do you want to be part of some of the biggest scientific space programs that require the design and development of new satellite electronics equipment and systems?
* Do you have a strong team spirit and are able to lead a technical project?
About the role
Power supply and analogue electronics design for the Space environment in accordance with European Space Agency flight standards and (COMPANY NAME) Alenia Space quality management standards.
Reporting to the Hardware Engineering Manager the main duties and responsibilities will include:
* Project technical lead for power supply and analogue electronics designs targeting Space applications.
* Unit and system level technical lead for projects where the primary focus is on power supply and analogue design.
* Generate specification, architecture, development and validation plans for breadboard, EM, EQM and FM designs.
* Simulation verification to ensure key design performance requirements can be met.
* Schematic capture and PCB layout to achieve best in class analogue performance.
* Creation of manufacturing data packs and management of interface for PCB manufacture and assembly.
* Board bring up and validation testing of power supply and analogue electronics designs.
* Support to integration and unit level testing.
* Support to reviews at all levels of the design, development and testing of the unit.
* Liaise with customers and subcontractors on technical issues.
* Technical contribution to system level design and requirements, informing the system level architecture with a trade-off and down selection of possible options.
* Technical contribution to the development of hardware requirements, work package definition and budget estimation.
* Technical contribution to the hardware engineering department's technical strategy and roadmap.
* Excellent organisational, verbal and written communication skills.
* Able to lead teams and drive projects forwards.
* Experience in analogue signal conditioning, SMPS's, analogue control loops and motor drives
* Experience with planar transformer design and use of GaN FET for power conversion.
* Experience in the use of analogue simulation tools, including piecewise linear modelling (SIMetrix/SIMPLIS).
* PCB schematic capture and layout (Mentor Graphics xDX and xPCB).
* Requirements management (DOORS).
* Configuration Control (Windchill).
* Worst case and parts stress analysis to ensure reliable operation.
* Failure Mode Effects Criticality Analysis (FMECA).
* Use of Mathcad for capturing design calculations in documentation.
* A working knowledge of digital electronics design, FPGAsand CPUs.
* A working knowledge of software design and its interaction with hardware.
* Knowledge of EMC and appropriate mitigating design techniques.
Values & Behaviours
* Contribute to professional exchanges and develop the corporate expertise in power supply and analogue design engineering.
* Build relationships with colleagues and work cooperatively with others to achieve project goals.
* Provide all tasks and outputs, typically defined within a work package description, in conformance to agreed scope budget and schedules.
* Produce items to quality standards to meet customer / contractual requirements.
* Proactive to optimise engineering processes to reduce costs.
Financial / Budgetary Responsibility:
* Manage assigned work packages providing monthly estimates to complete tasks.
The position will be based at the TAS-UK Bristol office but up to 20% of work may need to be conducted at subcontractor's or customer premises, typically in UK or Europe.
In line with (COMPANY NAME)' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At (COMPANY NAME) we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With (COMPANY NAME) employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now