Who are we ?
Application Engineer, Bristol
Run in Customer Shoes? Musketeer with colleagues? Boldly go with technical design? - Our key attitudes and way we like to work at Saint-Gobain. If this sounds like the environment in which you thrive and values which you live and breathe, please read on to find out more about the Application Engineer Role.
Do you want to make a big difference to our world? We may make small parts but the difference they have on peoples' lives, is big. Our products are used all over the world in many industries from slip clutch applications in electric car doors improving safety, to bearing mounts in motors improving efficiencies and saving electricity. We are a global leader in the design, production and distribution of innovative, high performance materials, with a global workforce of more than 195,000 employees representing over 64 countries.
If you are interested in making a difference, why not join us as an Application Engineer?
What type of person are we looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working. We are also interested in you as an individual, what you can bring to the table. So if you would say yes to the majority of the points below, you'd probably be a great fit and we would be really interested to hear how we can bring your individuality to our great team:
* You have a degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical, or you are mechanically competent, know the theory and can put it into practice.
* Your career ambition is to develop deep technical expertise - (people management would detract you from feeling fulfilled and doing what you enjoy).
* Whilst computer based design and simulation skills are essential, you're curious about the multi facets of product engineering - you actively enjoy testing, knocking up a prototype to prove and inform what you design. (You may not immediately have all the practical skills we need - you will definitely have the passion to learn them).
* You are interested in exchanging with our customers and understand the importance of finding out their needs and requirements to make the project run successfully. You can hold your own when things get tough, and can overcome challenges in a way that creates a lasting credible relationship.
* You understand that putting new products into production can be difficult with many challenges on the way. You are the type of person who doesn't shy away from the challenges and enjoys problem solving in a systematically and collaborative way.
* You respect the world of production. You are as comfortable in the production environment as you are in the design one. You are happy to listen, work with and challenge production thinking in order that customer requirements are translated into process and quality control and you have the gravitas and skills to do so.
Our product is unique and takes time to master. We're looking for someone who gets excited about the thought of mastering a subject and is willing to spend significant time doing so. This role is critical to our business and is key to winning new projects so in return we will commit to providing you the right development to make you an experienced expert.
Our location in Bristol has been specifically designed to support this way of working: we have state of the art software and simulation tools, together with integrated spaces for rapid prototyping, machining and testing all at your disposal.
How will you support us?
By developing and designing:
* RENCOL® Tolerance Rings and products based around them;
* Technically challenging applications within our other market areas.
You will have access to a great range of benefits including and not restricted to a bonus scheme, retirement savings plan with company contributions, 25 days' holiday with flexible options, tailored training programs, Cycle to Work, retail discounts, share ownership schemes and access to a salary sacrifice vehicle leasing scheme.
Invent yourself - Many of our employees go on to have long fulfilling careers within our network of 36 businesses in the UK & Ireland, or across one of the 67 countries that we operate in worldwide.
Career moves in Saint-Gobain aren't just up either. Experience and qualifications in a particular field are great but we don't pigeonhole people. We have an impressive track record of colleagues successfully moving sideways across disciplines. This open-mindedness, combined with the breadth of our operations, means the possibilities for your career path are (almost!) as varied as your tastes.
Reshape the world - Join our innovative, passionate and entrepreneurial community to help us create great places and improve daily life. We strive to make the spaces where we live, work, learn and play more comfortable, efficient and healthy. We're using the expertise gained over our 350-year-old history combined with cutting edge innovation to create tomorrow's world. - Click Apply, we would love to hear from you!
SAINT-GOBAIN ENCOURAGE AND WELCOME DIVERSE APPLICATIONS AND ARE COMMITED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV's/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://wxx.xxxxx-xxxxxx.xx.xx/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/ <div class="col-md-4 col-md-offset-1 col-sm-4 will-animate