Company:BCAS Europe Limited
Location:GBR - Frimley, UK
Job Description Qualifications:
This new role is based within the (COMPANY NAME) Global Services (BGS) Design Office based in Frimley, Surrey; where we hold EASA and GCAA part 21 Design Organisation Approval (DOA). This centre has a highly skilled team of engineers, Program Managers and support staff offering EASA certified modifications to our customers worldwide.
The candidate will be responsible for the creation of Customer aircraft modification proposals mainly involving cabin interior modifications, occasionally with electrical and/or IFE content. You will be interfacing directly with the Engineering, Purchasing, Programme Management, Sales and Contracts teams.
* Work within the (COMPANY NAME) EASA proposal team reviewing Customer requests for proposal (RFP) to ascertain whether requests fall within the business' strategy, experience and capability
* Work with all stakeholders to establish a 'bid' or 'no bid' decision for proposals
* Data mine (COMPANY NAME) systems to research and develop statements of work and bills of materials (including MBF, REDARs, IVT)
* Establish assumptions and limitations required, based on proposal scope and information available
* Develop Study LOPA's in support of proposals and customer requests as required
* Work with departments/specialists to collate/confirm task hours
* Collate all information into the proposal cost sheet and obtain sign off
* Work within (COMPANY NAME) Proposal and pricing systems (PMDB and PCAT)
* Support tracking of active RFP's
* Support handover meetings to Programme Management and Customer Kick-off meetings (when needed) to ensure work scope and budgets are clearly communicated
* Some domestic and/or international travel may be required
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. (COMPANY NAME) will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of (COMPANY NAME) U.S. based payroll.
* A working knowledge of EASA CS25 requirements applicable aircraft interiors is highly desirable
* A working knowledge of EASA Part 21J design organisation approval would be beneficial but not essential
* This is a fast paced role, requiring the candidate to be able to manage their workload priorities and meet deadlines effectively. An ability to communicate with all levels of staff, management and customers is essential.
* The candidate must be skilled in MS Office applications, have experience with generating design documentation and proposals, providing cost and schedule estimates.
(COMPANY NAME) is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:No relocation available
Export Control Requirement:Not an export control position
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 4
Job Code:6C1LI4 (6A3)
|Posted on:||11 Jun 2021|
|Industry:||Aerospace / Defense|