Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Hamilton, Lanarkshire, GB, G72 0FT
Compensation: Attractive salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF3xxx6
This is your opportunity to join Babcock International as a Quantity Surveyor accountable for the commercial administration of contract(s).
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a flexible and adaptable individual to develop and maintain client, supply chain and business function relationships, and ensure the core values of the Company are upheld at all times.
What will you be doing?
As a Quality Surveyor you will play a key role for commercially managing contract(s), providing a comprehensive and professional commercial service from contract award to completion.
This role is based out of our Hamilton office near Glasgow, with some travelling to sites across Scotland.
Your duties will include
* Delivering or improving agreed profitability and cash collections targets
* Ensuring Scope Variations, Adjustment Events and Alliance Statements are submitted in accordance with the contract and with minimal impact on cash flow
* Managing and supporting the provision of all commercial deliverables in line with the contract requirements and timescales
* Monitoring the production of records, correspondence and documentation required to strengthen the Alliances commercial position
The experience you'll bring
* You must hold a Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar commercial discipline
* You will have previous experience working in a Quantity Surveyor role within the Rail, Civil Engineering or Construction sectors.
* You will also have experience of managing large value contracts from £5-£10 million.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 10th December 2021
|Posted on:||26 Nov 2021|
|Industry:||Aerospace / Defense|