Defence Information (DI)
We serve and protect those who serve and protect us. Attracting and retaining the sharpest minds is essential for a globally competitive UK Defence Information Business. Our aim is to recruit the very best talent. At BAE we want to be the leading employer in defence and security for valuing diversity and inclusion. We care about difference in all forms and want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently under-represented within our industry, including women, people from ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ individuals. We also want to be a preferred home for veterans and reservists.
At (COMPANY NAME) we are committed to supporting work life balance for all our employees and embrace a range of modern working practices, which aim to enhance flexibility for individuals whilst also enabling business performance. Flexibility provisions vary by role, but include hybrid working arrangements, flexible working patterns and shift working.
Our Defence Information (DI) Business
Customers around the world increasingly demand information and technology solutions that deliver advantage, communications, planning, operations and cyber protection. Defence Information is where (COMPANY NAME) designs and builds the solutions, adopting cutting edge IT for incorporation into products and services for our customers.
DI have a wide range of opportunities that will allow development and growth within one of the UK's largest employers. We welcome applications from talented individuals from any background who are willing to grow with us. We can be flexible on what that means to you, depending on where you are within your career and personal circumstances. You will find friends here, so why not bring your friends too.
We welcome applicants who have never considered a career in the Defence Industry; join us and you'll be encouraged and rewarded to excel in this important work
Do you want to lead the development and write the software for the UK's latest frontline fighter, 3D mission planning systems for Typhoon and Hawk jets or exploit tactical data links to enhance and optimise Command, Control and Situational Awareness across the whole battlespace? Are you interested in using machine learning on big data to maximise availability for aircraft, ships and land vehicles or developing web-based solutions to keep airspace safe?
Would you like to work for a business that is committed to making the workplace agile and flexible to meet the diverse needs of our customers? We have a vacancy for a (COMPANY NAME) Software Architect based at our Yeovil site where you could be involved in the design, building, testing and through-life support of all these products and much more besides.
This role will give you the opportunity to work where high standards of work are expected and encouraged and where people are valued and understood. You will be able to develop and enhance your skills and knowledge, with potential to become a leader in a global business.
Your main responsibilities as a Software Architect will involve:
* Ownership of requirements, design and implementation, and test to a high standard, within schedule and estimates
* Assisting the design of technical solutions
* Leading software development of solutions
* Overseeing testing involved in verifying the above
* Ensuring adherence to project processes and software development practices
* Supporting System Test and Integration Activities
* Production of technical documentation
* Diagnosing and solving identified issues
* Estimation of development activities
Your skills and qualifications:
* Software development lifecycle and processes (e.g., design, coding, unit testing) and tools (e.g., UML design tools, code IDEs, source code control, defect reporting systems)
* Desktop-based applications (Java and Eclipse RCP or C#/C /Python)
* Windows or Linux target environments
* Object-oriented design/development including UML, SysML or XML
* Agile and scrum
* MoD or Industry IT projects and programmes
* Ideally, you will have an honours degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant STEM subject (although relevant knowledge and experience may offset the qualification requirements)
* Professional registration as a Chartered Engineer or willingness to obtain
* Industry tools and processes such as DOORS, Enterprise Architect, JIRA or Git
* A knowledge of Mission Planning or Tactical Data Links and Datalink processing from a software implementation perspective
* Understanding of Information Assurance (IA) and Cyber security
What we are looking for in you:
You can communicate with and influence stakeholder decisions, demonstrating recent experience of the delivery of leading-edge systems and services, you are a creative, inspirational leader with strong collaboration skills and the ability to balance seemingly opposed views: big picture and detail; strategic and tactical; methodical and creative, you have a minimum of 5 years in either Defence or IT industry and the requirement to pass security clearance.
Salary: Up to ú50,000 dependent on experience
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
(COMPANY NAME) is one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
Please be aware that many roles working for (COMPANY NAME) will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with (COMPANY NAME).
|Posted on:||24 Jun 2022|
|Industry:||Aerospace / Defense|