Job Description Summary
You will be highly organised with an innovative approach to delivery and a strong, dynamic, and confident team player. High levels of professionalism and customer service are a must alongside attention to detail. You will be able to juggle competing priorities and have a positive outlook in an environment of constant change.
In this role you will drive Quality improvement and engagement within operational areas, and work with Quality peers, operational teams, and other support functions, to assure the highest product Quality standards in accordance with regulatory and customer specific requirements. The successful candidate will drive the site's tactical Quality related activities and initiatives. Previous experience of quality, along with a keen eye for detail, compliance and standards will be advantageous.
The role holder will be responsible for but not limited to:
* Ability to specify/plan activities and giving explanations on technical issues
* Support continuous improvement based on detailed analysis of RCCA reporting
* Communicate with direct team, people leader and relevant business leadership
* Evaluate and publish quality metrics to leadership and stakeholders
* Present to internal teams on metrics, project status and research
* Work cooperatively with the operations team to identify systemic quality issues within the plant and develop robust root cause corrective actions
* Drive preventive and corrective actions to assure product compliance to specifications through tools such as PFMEA, RCCA, 3x5 Why etc.
* Own and drive implementation of Proactive Quality Elements (e.g. PQA/PFMEA/Read Across) within the organisation, identifying and mitigating potential quality risks
* Work with cross functional teams to cater to Quality priorities
* Timely execution of quality investigations and task related actions
Qualification / Requirements:
* Previous experience in Quality or a related role
* Ability to focus on promptly addressing customer needs
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal, coordination skills
* Demonstrate ability to lead projects with measurable improvement
* Candidates need to work well as part of the overall quality team
* Excellent planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
* Strong understanding Microsoft packages such as Excel, word
GE supports and encourages flexible working arrangements, where possible, and recognises the benefits to employees of having a positive work-life balance.
At GE Aviation we understand the importance of Total Reward. Our flexible benefits plan, called FlexChoice, gives you freedom, choice and flexibility in the way you receive your benefits, as well as giving you the opportunity to make savings where possible.
As a new joiner to GE we are pleased to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you then can tailor to meet your individual needs;
* Non-contributory Pension
* Performance related bonus
* Life Assurance
* Group income protection
* Private medical cover
* Holiday Hourly equivalent of 26 days, with flexible option to buy or sell
GE Aviation Wales is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
GE Aviation Wales is a Disability Confident Committed employer, and welcomes applications from disabled candidates. We are dedicated to ensuring our recruitment processes are accessible to all. Should you require any adjustments to our recruitment processes or would like to ask us a question please contact Hx.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS
Right to Work
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules as may be in place from time to time, it may be that candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled candidate who does not require sponsorship is available to take up the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
|Posted on:||23 Sep 2022|