Role title: Dev/Ops Engineer
The Big Data Dev/Ops Engineer provides expert guidance and delivers through self and others to:
1. Define and Develop the necessary instruments to enable Dev/Ops within the big data organisation;
2. Define, build, automate, the CI/CD pipeline in terms of Deployment, Code build/Promotion, support to test automation, configuration management.
3. Comply with the framework and Dev/Ops approach defined by the Big Data Platform central team which defines the Dev/Ops and Automation strategy, tools, ways of working to be applied in every Local Market.
4. Apply and promote Dev/Ops practices in the organisation helping other teams (eg. QA/Data Engineering) to adopt them and contribute to their evolution.
5. Contribute to the Quality Assurance of the Big Data practice focussing on processes and automation.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
* Implement / configure specific solution as part of the Dev/Ops and Automation Strategy
* Maintain the Dev/Ops process up to date and aligned with the Big Data delivery portfolio and Operating Model
* Proactively work with the Data Engineering/QA and the other delivery teams as one squad to make sure Dev/Ops practices are in place at the various stages of the Delivery lifecycle
* Support and contribute, with the central team of Data Engineering/QA/Data Science, to define best practices for the agile development of applications to run on the Big Data Platform in an efficient CI/CD pipeline
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
* Proven experience in designing, building and managing applications to process large amounts of data in a Hadoop ecosystem;
* Proven experience with performance tuning applications on Hadoop and configuring Hadoop systems to maximise performance;
* Proven Experience with setting up and running the development life-cycle for agile software development projects in CI/CD pipeline
* Experience in deployment automation (eg. Ansible), test automation, Cloud implementations and/or containers (eg. Docker/Kubernetes/Openshift)
* Consistent experience in team working, particularly in a Scrum/Agile way, working in a "multi skill" squad, and in a multi-cultural environment
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
* Strong ability in configuring/programming automation (yaml, Ansible playbook, and scripting)
* Deep knowledge of CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Go, Mavel, Git Hub
* Some experience with Cloud implementation and / or use of Virtual Machines/Containers (eg. Docker Kubernetes)
* Experience with using Spark, Yarn, Hive and Oozie;
* Full understanding and consistent experience with the entire software delivery lifecycle and agile methodology.
Please advise if you require any alterations or adjustments to support you through our recruitment process. If so please contact us at email@example.com