The (COMPANY NAME) Company has an opportunity for an Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer to be located at our site in Barry, United Kingdom.
As Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Engineer you will be responsible for providing specialist technical support to the site maintenance and operations functions and for ensuring the site complies with all regulatory requirements relating to the safe installation, operation and maintenance of electrical and instrumentation systems.
The role is based at Dow Silicones Barry site in South Wales near Cardiff, which is one of the largest and most complex silicones sites in the world.
(COMPANY NAME) is an Equal Opportunities Employer, and offers a generous contributory pension scheme, Private Medical, Bonus Scheme, and Gym access.
Relocation and technical / leadership training opportunities are available.
Key responsibilities include:
* Working with multi discipline teams providing E&I technical support and advice on equipment failures and root cause investigation.
* Providing E&I technical support to the preparation and execution of plant turnarounds.
* Implement short to medium term E/I improvements to improve safety, reliability obsolescence and operability.
* Provide E&I engineering support to capital projects including front end design and commissioning support.
* Implement Dow's management of change procedure which includes design calculations and documentation updates of datasheets, loopsheets, P&IDs and schematics
The successful candidate should be highly motivated to continually improve safety, reliability and operability of the process.
Candidates should also have experience of:
* Troubleshooting and fault finding instrumentation and electrical systems
* Proficient oral and written communication skills
* Providing E&I expertise to safety studies (PHA/HAZOP)
* Carry out safety and reliability root cause investigations
* Supporting maintenance activities e.g. plant shutdowns
* Understanding of relevant legislative requirements, (Electricity at Work Regulations, DSEAR, ATEX, BS7671 etc)
* Engineering degree in Electrical / Instrumentation / Control / Integrated / Electronic Engineering, Masters preferred, and working towards Chartered Status.
* Relevant electrical and instrumentation engineering experience in a manufacturing environment or design office.
* Experience of COMAH facilities in the chemical or petrochemical sector is preferable.
* Experience of Hazardous Area Classification, Electrostatics and the ATEX directives is preferable.
About this Posting
The (COMPANY NAME) Company values the benefits that diversity can bring. Dow is looking for individuals best suited for this role regardless of nationality, origin, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products. Additional information on division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of Dow and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges