The (COMPANY NAME) Company has an interesting and challenging opportunity for a Piping Designer/Engineer to be located in Barry, United Kingdom.
The Design Engineering role acts as a technical resource for the Piping discipline under the direction of the Piping Discipline Coordinator. He/she work within the Global Project Methodology (GPM) work process for the successful implementation of front end, detailed design engineering and construction services for projects at the Barry site as well as providing technical expertise to site maintenance activities.
The role also involves supporting the continuous operations at the Dow Performance Silicones Barry Site in South Wales UK. She/he implements Dow most effective technology to Piping design, performing plant inspections and reports, making remedial repair procedures and stress analysis.
The Piping Design Engineer role key responsibilities are:
* Preparation and checking of piping design packages
* Design of different types of piping systems - carbon steel, stainless steel and lined systems.
* Site surveys and field checking of dimensions.
* Ability to perform stress and strain analysis
* Applies the Global Project Methodology and Piping Discipline Engineering Work Process
* Recognition and identification of design change via change control Procedure.
* Representing the piping team in design review and model review meetings.
* Ensures that the project scope is well defined and meets the business needs in a cost effective manner.
* Ensure that the Piping design is safe, meets DOW Loss Prevention Principles' and other EH&S requirements.
* Provides input to project schedule and plans, then monitors progress against the plans
* Identifies technical problems and appropriately engages the business technology centre and Subject Matter Expert network to resolve
* Is the Piping subject matter expert for the site assisting with project scoping, plant maintenance, performing regulatory inspections, audits, construction and safety reviews
* A high regard for working in a highly regulated safety environment i.e. COMAH site.
* An ability to work in a multidisciplinary design team.
* Able to handle multiple concurrent tasks and prioritise effectively.
* A high regard for project costs and schedules and ability to adopt an 'owners mind-set' to engineering design.
* Excellent communication skills, organizational and work coordination skills, and interpersonal skills are also critical to role success
* A minimum of 3 years of piping design engineering within an industrial environment
* Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
* Candidates with lower qualifications by 5plus years of piping design experience are welcome to apply.
* Experience of routing pipes from a P&ID Diagram and ability to work with 3D model tools
* Being able to understand and work with pipes & understanding of supports.
* Able to work at height
About this Posting
The (COMPANY NAME) Company values the benefits that diversity can bring. Dow is looking for individuals best suited for this role regardless of nationality, origin, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products. Additional information on division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of Dow and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges