This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Engineering Project Manager to join Dowty Propellers. The position will require someone with a dynamic personality capable of delivering projects to scope, on time and within budget, and will also instil a strong project management approach and delivery ethic to assigned teams. As Dowty seeks to grow, projects include established products in the regional market, to exciting new developments in urban air mobility.
* Manage technical requirements from customers, Dowty and regulatory authorities.
* Working with the Dowty leadership team, manage cross-functional coordination to ensure robust scope, plans and schedules are developed to deliver project commitments
* Build and lead appropriate integrated product development teams, provide mentoring to assigned personnel to aid execution of projects
* Ensure assigned projects are delivered with financial and contractual constraints, and through established company procedures
* Support bid and proposal estimates using work breakdown structure methodologies to estimate the labour and material requirements, and support company strategic planning process, including annual budgets, spend forecasts, resource planning and funding requirements
* Develop scope-of-work specifications including those of contractors / subcontractors where needed
* Lead risk management activities for assigned projects
* Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects consistent with Engineering policies and procedures
* Monitor and communicate project status, business issues, and significant developments
* Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
* Support customer meetings with Program Manager, which include preparation of presentation material for design reviews and technical information reviews
* Qualifications/Requirements Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering or equivalent knowledge
* Significant leadership experience in aerospace, preferably program managing major engineering programs
* Demonstrated ability to integrate and lead cross-functional teams, ranging from engineering to manufacturing, sourcing and external suppliers
* Must be a confident and articulate communicator, both verbally and written
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://wxx.xxxx.xxxxxxxxxx.xxx.xx/xxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxg
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
* Knowledge of the aviation regulatory environment, including civil certification requirement, safety and environmental requirements
* Willingness and ability to travel at least 10-20% of the time
* Demonstrated competency in using standard project management tools
* Ability to apply advanced aspects of the engineering field and quality assurance concepts to solve practical business problems
* Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, with a working knowledge of lean or six sigma
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what's happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
Locations: United Kingdom; Gloucester