McLaren Automotive is growing from strength to strength, we are producing more cars than ever before, and it all comes down to the hard work and dedication of our employees. With unprecedented growth comes opportunity, this is a chance for you to join us and build upon your skills and experience enhancing and growing within your area of expertise and career with an iconic brand. You will be joining us at an exciting time, where you will be an integral part of our Track25 business plan.
You will be part of our business plan to launch 18 new models or derivatives of our vehicles, expanding our retailer network into new markets with an aim of having 100 retailers globally. To ensure McLaren Automotive continues to be at the forefront, we invest heavily into our employee's development and this could be an exciting step within your career in a fast-paced growing team where there are possibilities of progression.
* Primary Quality contact for pre-impregnated composite projects at the Sheffield facility
* Creation and maintenance of quality documentation to support new and on-going activities
* Provide dedicated Quality Engineering support for allocated project / area
* Creation and approval of visual quality standards for cosmetic vehicle components
* Support the implementation of new production technologies at MCTC Sheffield
* Develop Quality metrics, drive implementation and report result to the Leadership team
* Support the team in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) using a Practical Problem Solving approach
* Lead the application of Quality tools (such as PFMEA, SPC and MSA) in the allocated area
* Liaise with Supplier Quality for incoming material issues
* Support the development of measurement techniques for new products
* Support all aspects of Quality for the assigned area of responsibility
* Apply analytical skills and judgement to generate solutions to technical challenges
* Deliver all aspects of Quality Engineering activities in line with targets, KPIs and milestones
* Support the containment of Quality Concern Reports (QCR) within 24 hours
* Support the resolution of Quality concerns using a structured approach to problem solving (PPS , 8D or similar)
* Build effective cross functional relationships and contribute to achieving a high-performance team environment
Knowledge, skills & experience:
* Expert knowledge of Quality Engineering skills, including PFMEA, SPC, MSA, Root Cause Analysis and auditing to established quality standards
* Experience of pre-impregnated composite production is highly desirable
* Extensive experience gained within Quality Engineering
* Experience in automotive manufacturing is advantageous
* Knowledge of Automotive quality systems is advantageous
* Experience of niche vehicle (low volume) programmes desirable
* Excellent communication and I.T. skills
* Experience of Minitab software is desirable
* Our ideal candidate will work collaboratively with the team and be confident
* Passionate, enthusiastic and committed, with a can-do attitude
* Effective communication and inter-personal skills
* Self-driven individual, who can also work within a team
* Self-directed/manged and motivated towards achieving goals
* Excellent planning and organisations skills
* Ability to build effective relationships and network locally, within the business
* Make complex issues clear and transparent
* Ability to effectively influence, negotiate and use conflict resolution skills
* Valid Passport and Driving License
* Flexible approach to working
We offer a range of benefits and discounts with our partner organisations, below is just a few of the incentives of working for McLaren.
* Salary: Competitive.
* A structured Career Development Framework to support your development.
* 25 days annual leave plus public holidays.
* Free onsite Parking.
* Life assurance to the value of 4 times base salary (statutory cap applies).
* Eligibility to participate in our preferential lease car scheme.
* *Eligibility for company funded individual private healthcare; this also comes with the opportunity to extend to partner or spouse and/or dependents at a discounted rate.
* *Auto enrolment on to the company's pension scheme.
* *Enhanced company maternity, paternity or adoption leave and pay.
* Qualifying period applies
We recognise that to be as good at people as we are cars, we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application