CAD Application Engineer
McLaren IT is an essential part of our brand, ensuring that Applied Technologies, Racing and Automotive have the resources they need to function at the highest level. We work at the forefront of innovation and offer a fast paced, cutting edge and challenging environment for those driven by ambition and a desire to win!
Purpose of the Role:
As a CAD process and methods expert, the purpose of this role is to support and promote best practice use of CAD and other CAx tools across McLaren Automotive and Racing.
* Provide functional expertise, guidance, presentations, on leveraging the capabilities of the CAD / CAx centric tools to business stakeholders
* Responsible for the creation, publication and maintenance of documentation suitable for the support of 3DExperience CAD centric tools and methodologies.
* Responsible for understanding the relationship between future requirement and technology capability
* Supports and influences the solution design process
* Part of a team that provides solution maintenance and support - specifically CATIA V5/V6
* Have a focus on CAD application related problems and carry out root cause analysis on these, working closely with the delivery team, support teams, process owners etc.
* Make recommendations for improvements to processes and methodologies used within engineering to better leverage the benefits from the 3DExperience platform.
* Facilitates design workshops and communicate with Project Managers and Business SMEs
* Raises and defines customisation changes against requirements which cannot be met through configuration
* Liaison and support for internal teams and external suppliers and partners as appropriate
* Deliver or be part of a team, that delivers change to the 3DExperience platform and other CAx tools used across McLaren.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* 3+ years Knowledge and understanding of PLM, CAD, CAE, CAM tools and processes
* Good understanding of engineering tasks and association to CAD applications
* Experience administering and delivering best practice methodologies on CATIA V5/V6
* Engineering and discrete manufacturing industry experience (Ideally in Automotive)
* Strong CAD experience (ideally CATIA V5/V6) - methodologies and administration (Ideally)
* Knowledge of CATIA automation e.g knowledgeware and scripting would be beneficial.
* PDM experience an advantage (ideally Enovia VPM/3Dcom and or ENOVIA VPM V6)
* Basic Unix and Windows administration skills
* Demonstrates creativity in identifying opportunities and finding solutions.
* Able to build professional relationships and works collaboratively.
* Well structured and organised with good time management.
* Confident to present and demonstrate amongst peers and stakeholders.
The Work Environment:
We offer a flexible working environment across our South East sites including the world-renowned McLaren Technology Centre. Our environments are designed to encourage collaborative working across all teams. You will be amongst specialists within their field, whether it's in design, modelling and simulation, software development, data analytics, electronics hardware, finance and marketing.
The Recruitment process:
* If your application is successful, you'll be invited for a phone interview with one of our experienced technical recruiters.
* The final stage will be an onsite face to face interview at the McLaren Technology Centre in Woking, Surrey where you will have the opportunity to meet the Hiring Manager and wider team.
Please note: you must have the Right to Work in the UK