Here at (COMPANY NAME), we have a brand new opportunity available for a Business Analyst within our Risk, Finance and Treasury Technology Team. As a key member of this team, you will co-ordinate, plan and perform analysis tasks across specialist applications and manage internal domain analysis resources for one or more components of a Programme. Combined with this, you will also act as a reviewer and quality gate for analysis output whilst challenging IT to ensure root cause is addressed and the right design delivered for user requirements.
What will you be doing?
* Provide support to the Lead Business Analyst, helping to define analysis approach in line with the strategic vision of the programme and the preferred methodology of the organisation.
* Articulate and present commercial effectiveness of requirement proposals within a project or initiative.
* Face off to one or many business areas/SME's understanding high level requirements and challenging where necessary.
* Work independently to elicit, validate and document systems requirements in either BRDs or user/feature stories depending on the SDLC in use by the development teams.
* Participation in the Design process coordinated by the Programme Management team, from Design approval to functional design completion - help to ensure the functionality/benefits envisaged are delivered.
* Support the Testing Strategy and input into the coverage of Test scenarios and conditions ensuring all requirements in scope are tested.
* Where applicable, during testing own the resolution of defects pertaining to requirement and design working with test teams and SMEs.
* Where applicable work with functional or business areas and SMEs to plan migrations of users and or transactions.
What we're looking for:
* Some understanding of project methodologies and their application within the organisation's project methodology
* Strong stakeholder management, able to communicate at all levels and build sustainable relationships
* Experience of preparing and issuing a range of key business analysis deliverables
* Experience of communicating with a wide array of people and some experience of stakeholder management
* Experience of some of the underpinning frameworks and tools for business analysis documentation e.g. UML / BPMN
* Exposure to working in medium to large scale change initiatives
Skills that will help you in the role:
* Excellent communication skills - including the ability to convey information to non-technical colleagues in a concise and clear way#
* A knowledge of Market Risk - E.g. Greeks, VaR & Expected Shortfall calculation
* Strong organisational skills and ability to multi-task in a highly pressurised support environment
* Able to work within a high performing team and contribute to overall objectives/best practice
Where will you be working?
This role will be based in our Aurora house Glasgow office; a stones throw away from Glasgow Central Train Station and the heart of Glasgow.
Interested and want to know more about (COMPANY NAME)? Visit home.(COMPANY NAME)/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at (COMPANY NAME) we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us