Estimating & Pricing Specialist
Company:BDUKL - United Kingdom
Location:GBR - Bristol, UK
Job Description Summary:Develops estimates and prices from technical requirements through the design, build, and aftermarket support stages of the program. Develops, prepares and validates estimates and prices. Evaluates requests for proposal, substantiates estimates/pricing and assembles price proposals. Develops estimating and pricing methods. Evaluates and develops business cases. Performs analyses and provides recommendations in support of pricing/estimating (risk, financial, competitive, etc.). Develops and maintains pricing models. Incorporates data into and maintains structured systems and coordinates program database requirements. Develops/applies/maintains rates and factors for estimating, pricing and proposals. Performs compliance activities including policy and procedure development, system/tool deployment and training delivery.
(COMPANY NAME) is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:No relocation available
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
At (COMPANY NAME), we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us
This Estimating & Pricing Specialist role will provide functional support and Subject Matter Expert business partnering to an exciting diverse portfolio of New Business Opportunities and on-contract Programmes across the BDUK organisation. Working in partnership with stakeholders this role offers challenging and diverse opportunities including development of accurate cost and price information, risk mitigation and pricing strategies, improving our competitive advantage, client engagement, creating enduring profitable business propositions and optimising the use of available data for improvement initiatives
The role sits within the central Estimating & Pricing Team, taking leadership and guidance from the Estimating & Pricing Lead, and under management by the wider Commercial Function. The principal responsibility of the role will be to provide integrated estimating and pricing capabilities into proposals for new business campaigns as well as supporting other areas of the business on an arising basis, seeking to utilise tools and processes to optimally deliver more standardised products and support when there is less requirement for unique and tailored requirements. As part of a dynamic and flexible estimating & pricing team the role will also support other areas of the business as required including; implementation of functional improvements, opportunities for greater cross-functional collaboration and identifying business opportunities.
* Member of Finance Acquire organisation within Commercial team.
* Leads development of complex estimates and prices for technical requirements through the design, build and support stages of the programme.
* Leads development and application of pricing strategies using innovative computational techniques.
* Supports business proposals, evaluates and makes recommendations based on complex requests for proposal and substantiates the basis of estimates and pricing methods/ data.
* Develops complex pricing models and business cases.
* Leads and performs complex analysis and provides recommendations in support of pricing and estimating (risk, financial, competitive, etc.).
* Review and maintain cost and pricing data, determining database requirements and identifying new data sources.
* Leads the development/application/maintenance of unique and non-unique rates and factors for estimating.
* Supports compliance activities, policy and procedure development, deployment of new systems/tools, training development/delivery and internal audits.
* Provides guidance and recommendations for innovative approaches, methods and techniques to analyze, evaluate and resolve complex finance issues.
* Support development of pricing rates and internal budget setting, optimising internal structures to ensure "market affordability".
* Develop and implement policy for trading on Qualifying Defence Contracts, aligning internal structures accordingly
* Support customer (CAAS) interactions on estimated rates, actual rates, cost certification and cost model verification.
* This role requires the ability to obtain SC clearance
Important information regarding this requisition:
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. (COMPANY NAME) WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of (COMPANY NAME) U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 3
Job Code:9AHGI3 (934)