We are seeking two Credit Risk professionals to support the Strategy team in the management and analysis of third-party credit portfolios.
The successful candidates will either have experience of unsecured consumer and/or SME lending or have gained experience within a secured lending environment.
* Ownership of relevant IFRS 9 models for third party credit portfolios - this includes the enhancement and development of all models; model validation (including regular backtesting); and model monitoring.
* Providing regulatory monthly reporting and responding to ad hoc requests on portfolio performance at relevant committees, including to Starling's board and members of the executive team.
* Working closely with the Data Science team to ensure completeness and accuracy of data.
* A solid understand of the relevant UK regulatory capital environment.
* Direct experience of interpreting and applying IFRS 9.
* Supporting the strategy team by providing modelling and analytical capability to support the appraisal of potential secondary loan portfolio purchases and forward flow arrangements.
* 33 days holiday (including public hols). You'll also get your birthday on us
* 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
* Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
* Contributory pension scheme
* We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
* Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
* Access to 'salary sacrifice' benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
* Gym membership options Full details are available on our careers site
Starling is a leading digital bank on a mission to disrupt the banking industry.
Since our launch in 2014, we've surpassed 1.5 million accounts: including almost 200,000 business accounts for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). Our total deposits, meanwhile, have surpassed £3 billion. We're a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company. We've won the Best British Bank award three years running, and now employ almost 1000 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff & Dublin offices.
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at (COMPANY NAME) are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that (COMPANY NAME) may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information
* Subject matter expert on IFRS 9 and associated reporting
* Significant experience completing IFRS 9 model developments and subsequently closely monitoring model performance
* Strong coding knowledge and experience working with SQL and R or Python
* Will likely have experience in a high growth specialist lender or new bank entrant
* Ability to write and review clean, well-documented code in a collaborative development
* Ability to produce model documentation
* Proven track record in the regular reporting and management of IFRS9 models and month end reporting