We are (COMPANY NAME). 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It's no surprise that (COMPANY NAME) has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. (COMPANY NAME) offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide.
Our vision? To become the world's most trusted financial group. You'll help us achieve it.
Overview of the Department:
The EMEA Operation Office (EOO) provides efficient and accurate processing, ranging from single-touch, single entry to multi-touch and complex transaction processing.
The Trade Finance Services department sits within EOO, providing processing / technical service and support to the Commodity and Structured Trade Finance and Transaction Banking Divisions.
Main purpose of the role:
The Analyst is responsible for the accurate, error free and timely processing of letters of credit, collections (clean and documentary) and other such trade finance products as required, by application of knowledge of relevant governing rules such as UCP and URC, also adhering to HOP, procedures and controls, thereby delivering high level service to clients.
* Processing of all life cycle events of letters of credit (import and export - issue, advise amend, acceptance, discount, payment, checking documents)
* Processing of all life cycle events of collections (import/export, clean/documentary, remit, present, acceptance, payment).
* Adhere to governing rules, UCP, URC, !SP98, HOP, procedures and all relevant controls.
* Develop and improve effective working relationships with all trade stakeholders.
* To support training requirements of team members.
* Ensure processing is effected in a team spirit and avoid silo based attitudes where people should think beyond their immediate work space and consider the wider team's pressure points thereby delivering maximum efficiency.
* Retain and promote a customer first attitude. Communicate with clients in a professional and helpful way, embracing the Japanese culture within which you work and the corporate values that underpin our behaviours and attitude to the job at hand and the business we support. Develop and improve client relationships making (COMPANY NAME) the preferred bank to deal with and maximise our wallet share of business. Be flexible and cohesive with the rest of the team to make solutions work and deliver high level service to our clients.
* Ensure compliance with all Bank and Regulatory requirements in order to mitigate financial and compliance risks.
* See opportunities to assist in a selfless approach. Be upbeat, approachable and be part of the drive to a motivated team
* Deliver effective solutions and make suggestions for improvements.
* Operate as product specialist providing subject matter expertise where required.
* Minimum 2 years experience working in a trade finance operations environment including checking shipping documents against UCP600, the LC itself and ISBP.
Skills and experience:
Functional / Technical Competencies
* Thorough understanding of all trade finance products, import and export LCs, collections and financing.
* Knowledge of UCP600 and other relevant ICC publications
* Knowledge of money laundering controls relevant to trade finance.
* Awareness of UK, Japan and OFAC sanction policies
* Microsoft Office products
* Understanding of formatting Swift messages
* Excellent work flow and time keeping management
* Team building skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Works effectively with others to achieve team goals
* Freely contributes ideas and expresses opinions to others.
* Has an adaptable and flexible approach to work situations, willing to adjust and change to demands and circumstances.
* Enthusiastic and self-starting, demonstrates strong commitment to the organization, department and the role.
* Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
* A proactive, motivated approach.
* The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
* Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
* A structured and logical approach to work
* Strong problem solving skills
* A creative and innovative approach to work
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
* Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
* A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
* Strong numerical skills
* Excellent Microsoft Office skills
Performance and Duties:
The role holder will be assessed in accordance with their employing entity's performance framework and process with relevant input obtained from the dual hatting entity as relevant.
As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and emended in consultation with the role holder. The role holder will carry out other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the role as requested by their line manager or Department Head.
Managing Conflicts of Interests:
* The role holder will have responsibilities for both (COMPANY NAME) Bank and (COMPANY NAME) Securities EMEA plc.
* The role holder will be required to perform their duties and responsibilities on an entity neutral basis, without favour.
* The role holder is required to follow regulatory requirements applicable to ensure each business is appropriately supported and to maintain the legal entity integrity of each of (COMPANY NAME) Bank and MUS.
* Working terms are dictated by functional mandates, the terms of the Dual-Hat Arrangement Agreement in place between (COMPANY NAME) Bank and (COMPANY NAME) Securities EMEA plc and any other relevant agreements entered into between (COMPANY NAME) Bank and (COMPANY NAME) Securities EMEA plc.
* The role holder will have responsibility for identifying and resolving where there may be a difference or conflict in needs between (COMPANY NAME) Bank and (COMPANY NAME) Securities EMEA plc, escalating to their manager where required.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law