Finance Technician - Marsh Commercial- Worcester (UK wide) - FTC
Please note that our office is based in Worcester but we are looking for candidates based anywhere in the UK as this role is on a WFH (Work From Home) basis. There will be a small element of travel to Worcester with all expenses fully covered.
Please also note that this role is an FTC (Fixed Term Contract) for 6 months in order to manage activity from a legacy project.
The company: Marsh Commercial
* Marsh Commercial is a specialist broker providing commercial and corporate insurance to small, medium and large sized businesses.
The role: Finance Technician
* We are looking for a Finance Technician.
* We require the successful candidate to work in a busy team dealing mainly with credit control queries including payments, debt collection and all general fiduciary management.
What can you expect?
* You will work in a busy virtual office on all fiduciary operations matters. This includes chasing payments, banking reconciliations, brokers' invoices, debt chasing, money management, etc.
* You will learn about insurance, insurance broking, finance, accounting as well as building relationships within the business and outside with our partners (brokers, banks, debt management company, other fiduciary peers, etc.).
What you will be rewarded with?
* We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
* We also support programmes including: health & welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups and volunteer opportunities.
* Please note that all benefits and rewards are PRO-RATA
We will rely on you to:
* Manage clients' expectations to ensure outstanding debt is collected in line with agreed terms
* Generate payments in line with regulatory procedures
* Receipting and allocation payments and banking of cheques
* Insurer Reconciliations
* Effectively investigate queries to ensure a satisfactory conclusion
* Undertake all admin functions associated with the role
What you need to have:
* Previous experience within a Finaical Services role - ideally within IBA although not mandatory
* Good admin/fiduciary skills ideally within a previous credit control/payments function.
* Excellent communciation skills with the ability to mange assertive conversations
* Strong investigative skills and a high attention to detail
What makes you stand out:
* Strong numerical skills
* Strong Excel skills
We are Marsh Commercial, a diverse community of colleagues, serving a diverse community of clients with insurance, risk management and employee health and benefits advice and solutions.
We help clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. Our deep knowledge of both the industry sectors and communities we serve, combined with the time we take to fully understand and meet a client's needs, is what sets us apart.
We're also part of Marsh and McLennan Companies ((COMPANY NAME)) - a global network of experts in risk, strategy and people. For over 140 years, Marsh & McLennan Companies ((COMPANY NAME)) has supported enterprise, helping clients realise, survive and grow in changing times.
We leverage the scale, expertise and access to the broad range of products and services provided by the wider Marsh & McLennan Companies for the benefit of our clients - whilst retaining the flair, flexibility and personal service that our clients have come to expect.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital and civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs
|Posted on:||08 Apr 2021|