Join us in Edinburgh as a NatWest Legal Entity Controller
* As NatWest Legal Entity Controller, you'll be responsible for the integrity and reporting of the NatWest Holdings (NWH) financial results published internally and externally
* You'll benefit from significant exposure, presenting the results to the NWH Executive Disclosure Committee and the NWH Audit Committee
* You'll manage and motivate a team responsible for the integrity and reporting of the financial results, and the allocations team which supports the recharging of costs to other legal entities
What you'll do
We'll look to you to deliver the NatWest Holdings, NatWest plc and RBS plc annual report, accounts and HY Interim Management Statements to the NatWest Holdings Executive Disclosure and Audit Committees on behalf of the CFO and respective Deputy CFOs. You'll also deputise for the RBS Group Financial Controller at Group Executive Disclosure and Audit Committees when required.
You'll be the signatory on the NatWest Holdings, NatWest plc, and RBS plc specified financial information in accordance with the European Banking Authority FINancial REPorting Standards (FinRep) framework collected by the PRA and FCA quarterly. You'll also be the respondent for specified external audit management letters.
As well as this, you'll:
* Work closely with the business to understand all aspects of business within the legal entity
* Lead the Legal Entity Control team within Financial Control and Reporting
* Drive the development of a legal entity operating model for NatWest Holdings and NatWest Plc to ensure a robust control framework is in place and is in compliance with the bank-wide standards
* Work with Finance, Risk and other bank operational teams to ensure appropriate legal entity control over NatWest Plc
* Ensure the adherence to the bank-wide approved accounting and regulatory policies
* Review NatWest Plc and NWH forecasts, budgets and capital plans ensuring these are prepared per the bank-wide standards
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a qualified accountant or someone qualified by related experience with a strong record of application within a business environment. Along with knowledge of change best practice and experience delivering change in the financial services industry, you'll have experience leading global teams of up to 50 finance professionals.
You'll also demonstrate:
* Experience leading the delivery of core financial control and reporting outputs, including ledger close, balance sheet substantiation, statutory and management reporting, and external audit
* The ability to build and enhance key relationships at a senior level, influencing and challenging as required
* Experience working to tight deadlines and managing key finance deliverables
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under the Certified Regime (CR) of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to enhanced pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy several background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check and personal, financial and social conduct assessment.
You can find out more about IAR by visiting the Bank of England website and searching for "Individual Accountability Regime