Product Manager - Borrower
London: Competitive + benefits + stock
(COMPANY NAME) was created with one mission: to revolutionise the broken financial system and change small business finance!
We've created the leading online marketplace for small business loans that directly connect credit worthy businesses with investors wanting attractive returns.
In just nine years, 90,000 (COMPANY NAME) investors have lent ú7 billion to 68,000 businesses across the world. In 2018 alone lending through our platform created and sustained 115,000 jobs worldwide and contributed ú4 billion to the global economy.
About the job
Your purpose will be to develop the borrower product for UK business customers, ensuring that we deliver brilliant experiences to make access to funding as seamless as possible across our channels.
This role is at the forefront of growth at (COMPANY NAME) - working with engineering, design, marketing, risk, analytics and strategy teams to develop products which improve the customer experience. You'll translate customer needs into strategy and features, run backlogs, and see your ideas through the product development cycle from start to finish.
* Understand and validate the needs of the customer to develop innovative product solutions
* Lead the team to deliver objectives including managing the development team's backlog
* Work with designers and stakeholders to deliver best-in-class customer journeys and experiences
* Make decisions on scope to deliver value in small increments as quickly as possible
* Be the go-to person for colleagues, enable fast decision making, keep track of business priorities
* Analyse data to define, drive & prioritise optimisations and KPIs
Our ideal teammate
* Product know-how: the ideal candidate will have demonstrable product management experience, preferably B2C, and a track record of delivering products that give the customer what they need
* Relationship builder: we prefer candidates who demonstrate an ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders, including C-level
* Proficient communicator: an ability to speak all languages will be useful, that of developers who hate disruption, risk analysts whose requirements are in flux, gregarious sales people, and attention-detailed operations folk
* Problem solver: we love people who love to solve complex problems, and can turn complexity into simplicity for the borrower and the business alike
* Willing to challenge: we value those who don't accept the status quo, who fight to understand the 'why', and can get to the bottom of a problem, rather than just accept someone else's solution.
* Likes fun: we want people to enjoy what the purpose they are here to fulfil, and to motivate teams through the energy they bring
* Highly empathetic: appreciates and stands up for what is right, puts the customer first
* Analytically driven: uses data to inform hypotheses, and is genuinely curious about the results of the tests they are overseeing
Why join us?
Happy employees are productive employees, that's why we offer a hearty benefits package including:
* Our employees make our mission a reality, and we want you to share in the company's success by offering generous shares.
* Cool kit - Mac or PC
* Private healthcare, pension and healthcare cash back schemes
* Discounted onsite gym membership
* Learning and development through FC Academy
* Personal development funding
* Flexible working
* Free breakfast, barista coffee and discounted hot lunch at our Funderbar!
* We are a regular host of Meet-Ups and events.
* Company-wide socials