-RB is different: 'good enough' isn't good enough here.
RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company, We work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, through our brands like Nurofen, Strepsils, Mucinex, Dettol, Lysol, Finish and Vanish.
-Want to help improve the sustainability of every household on the planet?
Never heard of RB, right? Not everyone has. Maybe we're the FTSE's best kept secret but we're 40K+ entrepreneurs, all inspired by a vision of a better world where people are healthier and live better lives.
RB, formerly known as (COMPANY NAME) is a FTSE 100 company and global leaders in consumer health and hygiene & home products, with some of the biggest brands you know - Enfamil, Dettol, Durex, Strepsils, Gaviscon, Nurofen, Veet, Scholl, Airwick, Vanish, Harpic and Lysol are just a few of the global household names we supply.
We've got an exciting opportunity for an undergraduate studying Environmental Sciences (or a related course). We're offering an opportunity to apply for our Sustainability (non laboratory-based) Year in Industry Placement 2019, developing your business skills as a key member of the team, helping drive the environmental agenda across our global business.
You will be working alongside other team members to ensure that when we develop new products at RB these are more environmentally friendly than the current offering. It's a great opportunity to make your mark across our brands.
What could your placement include?
This is a great opportunity to take what you've learnt as an undergrad and apply it within a global blue-chip. You'll be:
* Helping guide the business towards more sustainable choices in product design, ingredients and packaging materials across all products and brands globally
* Supporting RB's sustainability champions and project leads with queries on environmental sustainability
* Reviewing, designing & implementing changes to the existing sustainability assessment tool we use internally to determine whether a new product is more sustainable
* Working with other team members to design & roll-out training on sustainability to the wider RB community
* Carrying out focussed research and working with key stakeholders internationally to understand market-specific sustainability challenges and waste infrastructure
* Sharing best practice across stakeholders
* Driving local site initiatives aiming at reducing energy, waste and water as part of a project team
Why should you apply?
You'll leave your placement with a great sense of satisfaction and resume-boosting achievements. You'll also get:
* Career path: This placement will give you a fantastic foundation of working in sustainability in a business setting, a working knowledge of one of the planet's biggest brands in the health and hygiene/home sectors, and a unique insight into the workings of a global FMCG company.
* Role: You will be working in a small team, primarily supporting new product development with stakeholders globally, so lots of opportunities to get really stuck into different projects. You can expect hands-on responsibility from day 1.
* Personal Development: You will be working alongside highly experienced and knowledgeable industry experts, which will help you to develop a whole range of new skills.
* Environment: You will be working in a brand new, state-of-the-art £100m R&D building: Centre for Science & Innovation - the largest single investment in the company's history. Once completed, it will be one of RB's largest healthcare development centres worldwide.
* Location: Hull is a fantastic city in the North of England which was awarded UK City of Culture 2017. Over 2,000 different events and activities have drawn 3.5m visitors to the regenerated marina and vibrant Old Town since then, with many new businesses, including restaurants and bars, starting up.
* Sustainability: RB is committed to reducing its environmental impact and we are constantly changing and improving the way the business manufactures and designs products to build a better future, through significant cuts in CO2 emissions, water usage and reducing the use of plastics.
* Corporate Social Responsibility: RB have a huge focus on social investment to build healthier communities and is committed to helping 400 million people improve their health and hygiene by 2020.
* Charity: RB Hull partners with a local charity to support community initiatives which are in-line with their global social impact strategy, focusing on sexual health & wellbeing, malnutrition & stunting and health & hygiene. As a Year in Industry placement student, you will have the opportunity to get involved in local fundraising activities during your placement year
Who is best suited to this role?
This is a small team with a great 'Can-Do' attitude. We work hard to make a difference. And we're looking for someone who shares those values and thrives under pressure.
You must be studying an environmentally focused scientific degree (preferably but not limited to environmental sciences), and be looking for a 12-month non lab-based placement starting in July 2019.
* You already have an interest in and basic understanding of product life cycle assessments and sustainable innovation - we can teach you the rest
* You will have strong attention to detail and an interest in and affinity with numbers. This role is office-based, so your focus will be on analysing data and communicating findings.
* You will be a strong self-starter and keen to make a difference
* You must be passionate about the environment
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly global organization.
Apply now for a chance to really change the game