Gym Receptionist - Soho House White City
Full Time. Highly competitive salary.
Who we are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, with new openings planned globally.
At Soho House culture is everything and we believe that our Houses are only as good as the people who work within them. Whether it's a private members' club, hotel, restaurant, spa or gym each of our sites has its own style and atmosphere. We aim to make sure that all our guests and members have a great time and we firmly believe it's our people who make that happen.
All our venues are individual and diverse, but they are all united by the same Soho House ethos. The Houses are regarded as a home away from home for our members, creating a warm, personalised atmosphere. The hotels within Soho House are of unparalleled design, with outstanding service being the central priority. Our restaurants are consistently busy, offering friendly but professional service.
White City House is located within the old BBC headquarters in West London. The House has three floors of club space, rooftop pool, events space, two cinemas, a screening room, 45 bedrooms within the building's original Grade-II listed central ring and our 24,000 sq ft House Gym with state-of-the-art equipment, a large free weights area, bespoke rigs, and an activated turf area.
In four studios, members and hotel guests can choose from classes including Pilates and Vinyasa yoga, multi-functional conditioning, combat and Soho House's signature HIIT offering.
There's also a 17-metre lap pool with steam room, sauna and hammam, as well as spacious changing and shower facilities.
We are currently searching for a passionate and professional Gym Receptionist to support the White City House Gym team. Candidates must be passionate about the leisure industry, have the ability to lead by example and work on their own initiative.
This role would ideally suit someone with a strong background in leisure and have good can-do attitude. Candidates must have excellent attention to detail and customer service skills, as well as be able to work in a fast-paced environment. The Gym Receptionist role will include evening and weekend work.
* To be the first and last point of contact for members, guests and visitors to the club. Ensuring that all inquiries are handled with efficiency and professionalism.
* To operate telephones and deal with messages and all other enquires to the highest of company standards.
* To deliver high-level customer service and care at all times.
* To deal with guest complaints and financial queries.
* On arrival on the early shift, be responsible for ensuring the opening up procedure of the department has been completed according to a schedule of opening tasks.
* Perform all end-of-shift duties and effectively hand over information and responsibilities.
* Communicate all feedback and guest comments to management promptly.
Only those Gym Receptionists eligible to work in the UK or have a valid UK work permit/visa will be considered for the role.
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you're seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
* One of the most competitive salaries within the hospitality industry
* Soho House Membership
* Fantastic career growth and personal development opportunities, with an opportunity to travel abroad with us
* Meal on shift
* Our food and drinks network, Cookhouse & House Tonic. which offers a monthly calendar of interactive trainings, guest demonstrations from industry professionals, sourcing and tasting trips and our own in-house magazine
* Subsidised gym memberships, pension and great discounts across our sites
* Experience as Gym Receptionist in a similar high-volume establishment is advantageous
* A can-do attitude, team player and willingness to learn
* Strong communication skills in verbal and written skills in the English language
* Able to work full-time shifts, including evening and weekend work