Welcome to the Andaz, where our name translates from Hindi as "personal style"…
Our hotel is not conventional, this is reflected in our people and woven into the fabric of our culture of creating memorable experiences.
Uncover an environment free of barriers, where ideas are exchanged and encouraged. We are a 5 Star Lifestyle Hotel located in the heart of vibrant East London. Featuring 267 newly refurbished rooms, 7 exciting bars & restaurants and 14 diverse event spaces. We embrace people challenging the norm and who aren't afraid of standing out, that's what makes us different - your personal style whether that be tattoos, piercings or pink hair.
As Head Chef Pastry at the Andaz you will oversee the in-house bakery and pastry for all the venues and our Banqueting. You and your team of 11 Chefs are fully in charge of creating the seasonal menus and invent creative menus for all our special events. We pride ourselves of creating healthy and all homemade desserts and bakery for our guests. The coordination between all the departments and the development of the team makes this role exciting and challenging.
You pay attention to details and have a solid background working in a similar role. You are passionate and continuously try to improve guest and employee satisfaction while maximizing the financial performance in all areas of responsibility.
As all our outlets have different concepts and kitchens ranging from Brasserie, gastropub to Japanese cuisine, the Andaz London Liverpool Street is able to provide you with various cross training opportunities to help expand your culinary skills.
Being part of Andaz also means, joining the Hyatt family which has over 700 hotels in over 54 different countries, also recognised as a UK Great Place to Work Company!
What is in it for you?
Continuous learning and development is paramount to us. As such, we pride ourselves on developing and supporting all our colleagues. You will have access to various learning opportunities both online and in our dedicated training room.
* 12 free nights per year of service across Hyatt Hotels worldwide
* Employee and Friends & Family rates across Hyatt Hotels worldwide
* 1 Complimentary night stay for 2 in the Andaz (incl. dinner and breakfast) after 6 months of employment
* Private Medical Insurance
* Discounts of up to 50% in our 7 restaurants & bars
* Uniform provided and laundered complimentary
* Complimentary meals on duty
* Refer a friend bonus ú500 per colleague introduced
* Bike 2 work scheme
* Busy social calendar including annual summer & Christmas celebrations
* Workplace pension scheme
* Annual season ticket loan
* Team member & performance rewards system redeemable in the form of complimentary stays, massages and many more
Please be sure to be eligible to work and live in the UK before applying