What makes us special:
Few addresses are richer in history and anecdote than this hotel; it is one of the most iconic addresses in London! Great Scotland Yard Hotel is our newest property in the UK and is due to open in July 2019.
Offering a unique Food and Beverage experience for our guests, thanks to Robin Gill's expertise, we offer much more than a high-quality service of Rooms. Robin Gill who has worked with chefs of note in the industry such as Marco Pierre White and Raymond Blanc, will oversee the whole of F&B and his authentic, genuine and yet non-conformist approach provides memorable experiences.
Our guests should expect the unexpected! We aim to inspire the freedom to be extraordinary, enabling individual stories through curated, authentic experiences.
This is a unique opportunity for a passionate chef to join a creative and highly-skilled team of chefs in one of our 5 F&B outlets:
* The Yard: the unique flagship restaurant of the hotel. This restaurant will focus on the best of what the British seasons has to offer.
* Forty Elephants: our cocktail bar, offering everything from a tasty, light breakfast all the way through to delicious and exciting bar snacks alongside specialised classic & signature cocktails.
* Sibin: Creates a sense of secret indulgence through its dark, wooden interiors. The drink offering will be industry leading, allowing for an experience that is unexpected and exciting. With a specialised whisky menu coming from hand chosen artisanal Celtic producers.
* The Parlour: our light, airy, colonial lounge area open throughout the day. The offering is focused on more typical lounge snacks including 'healthy-ish' options and a signature afternoon tea, which has many highlights, namely remarkable cakes and pastries.
* Grace and Favour: events and banqueting space.
About the role:
As Commis Chef joining the team, you will play a key part in supporting the day to day running of the kitchen and creating outstanding food in order to provide a superb dining experience for our guests at any time of the day. Some of the key processes include but are not limited to:
* Responsible for the mise en place
* Preparing and presenting dishes to high standard levels
* Deep knowledge of menus and seasonal products
Ideally with a NVQ L1/L2 qualification, you have already gained first work experience in the same or similar role, preferably within a prestigious Restaurant and/ hotel environment.
Our kitchen and bakery serves all our five outlets and banqueting. This will enable you to develop and expand your culinary skills.
You are passionate about food and motivated to change and grow.If you are a dynamic, sociable and talented Commis Chef that is looking to join a fun and vibrant team, then we would like to meet you.
Hyatt offers a great range of benefits, including:
* 12 complimentary nights world wide
* Individual personal career development opportunities
* £500 Reward for recommending a friend
* Interest free season ticket loan
* Tax-free Cycle to work scheme
* Tuition Aid, to name but a few
Please make sure you have the right to work in the UK.
At Hyatt 'We care for people so they can be their best'. This is demonstrated in our values of Respect, Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity and Fun