As an engineer in the global disaster recovery and backup team your responsibilities will include the design, delivery, test, governance and documentation of a robust disaster, backup and recovery environment. You will work with application, business and service providers developing Kellogg's processes for infrastructure hosted on premise, as a service, within a managed service provider or software as a service. Setting and continuously improving the strategy for Kellogg's backup and disaster recovery needs around the globe. Your expertise in data requirements, infrastructure, cloud, backup and replication technology will allow you to help transform how Kellogg complies with all company and government requirements.
HERE'S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
* Create and Develop: Design, development, and documentation of business continuity plans for all data and services hosted within SaaS, IaaS, hybrid cloud, on premise and via managed service provider infrastructure. Formulate procedures and tools for the automation and streamlining of the backup and disaster recovery services.
* Support and Maintain: Support and execute technology-related fail-over exercises. Maintain policies and strategies according to recognized standards and business needs. Analyze risks and DR/BCP issues providing recommendations to develop improvements and new initiatives.
* Team Work and Collaboration: Work with colleagues and 3rd party providers to ensure that disaster recovery planning, issues and solutions meet requirements, are in place, maintained, tested and documented as part of the regular operational life cycle. Collaborate with IT, Information Security, external vendors and other appropriate departments to enhance and implement current and future design of technology recovery/business continuity strategies and solutions
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
* Educated to a degree level
* Knowledge of highly available infrastructure
* Solid understanding of disaster recovery methodologies and business continuity principles.
* Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to collaborate across all groups and levels; must be able to interface and coordinate work efficiently and effectively with business partners or vendors in remote locations.
* Must be open to change, demonstrate an ability to operate in an ambiguous environment with minimal supervision, while demonstrating strong personal drive and self-motivation.
* Strong business acumen, analytical aptitude, project management skills, problem-solving skills and capability to formulate issues and recommendations clearly.
* Bachelor's Degree in a related field
* Knowledge of enterprise database technology (e.g., Oracle, MS SQL) a plus.
* Certification in AWS technology
* Certification in VMware virtualisation
* Certification in Linux
* Certification in Windows Server technology
* Certification in storage technology
* Certification in backup and recovery technologies
* Experience working on large, complex projects with a proven track record of delivering results.
* Experience in CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods) industry
* Experience in global IT teams
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
Moderate travel is required to location that you are assigned to work with, but mobility is a key for future career development.
Please note that we will only accept applications that are made to us via our Careers site.
If you experience any difficulty when applying please contact email@example.com.
Please note that the closing date may be subject to change. We will interview suitable candidates as they apply, so please don't hesitate to take this opportunity to submit your application as soon as possible.
If you would like to be immediately notified of new Kellogg's opportunities, please go to 'Create or access my profile' and complete the information required in the 'Job Alerts' section. You will then receive email alerts as soon as new jobs are advertised