EF International Language Campuses, Cambridge is seeking a dynamic and motivated person to look after our school facilities, technology requirements and student learning environments.
This is an ideal role for someone with IT knowledge who has worked previously as a building or facilities coordinator and is ready to make a step into management.
Reporting to the School Director you will liaise with all the school staff and students and in the summer, you will manage one other person. You should love being part of a small team where staff take pleasure in helping each other to reach a common goal.
In your IT role, you will look after the technology provision for our staff and students to ensure we can offer a high standard of service to all stakeholders.
As facilities manager you will be responsible for the health and safety requirements of the school as well as the building's upkeep and presentation. You will liaise with external suppliers to maintain effective relationships and to ensure we run cost-efficiently. You will manage invoicing and timely payments to all EF's suppliers related to the building.
* Organisation and administration
* Customer service
* Attention to detail
* A fast learner and workerApproach to work
* Creative approach to problem solving
* A positive attitude as well as a strong sense of ownership and the drive to succeed
* Hands on and happy to help wherever the need
* Keen to learn and develop
* Working with external suppliers
* Dealing with IT issues (hardware and software related)
* Facilities management
* Maintenance work or health & safety and risk assessments
* Work in an educational institution is preferred
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment