(COMPANY NAME) Defence and Space Limited
(COMPANY NAME) is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of EUR 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. (COMPANY NAME) offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. (COMPANY NAME) is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, (COMPANY NAME) provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Please apply for this vacancy online at our careers site (wxx.xxxx.xxxxxx.xxm) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to (COMPANY NAME) Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by (COMPANY NAME) Group.
Description of the job :
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Modem Centre of Excellence (COE) at (COMPANY NAME) Defence and space in Portsmouth.
Reporting to the Head of Software, you will help develop new features and performances for a Software-Defined Radio using System-on-a-Chip technology. While you will be initially focused upon use within a single satellite communications system, it is the intent that the techniques and technology that are developed will be reused to create a product that can be sold in multiple systems. Because of this, the role has long-term stability and will be to central to an important product-line providing industry-leading products to the market, which provides scope for building a fulfilling career with many options and scope for additional responsibilities and promotions through the life of the programme and products.
You will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Task & accountabilities :
- Design, implement and test the software elements of a product in response to requirements set by the systems team. This will involve resolving technical needs in a solution, supporting the integration of this product into systems and learning new tools and techniques.
- Focus on embedded firmware, though we are willing to bring you up-to-speed if you have a willingness to learn this skill.
- Be open to learning new skills and applying new techniques, as it is expected that there will be considerable learning during the course of the project and product. The team has a long tradition of supporting the development of its members, involving them in the development of the products and this is reflected by our very high engagement scores.
Your role will involve some travel
Required skills :
- Experience of C and C++, UML, Linux OS (FC, SUSE, Montivista)
- Experience of development for real-time embedded systems######
- Some appreciation or experience in the development of Modem Products or solutions for Software-Defined Radio platforms
- Some familiarity of Waveform Technologies including knowledge of commercially available products and best practice methodologies
- Knowledge of Satcom communications products, as well as networking fundamental.
We can offer you all of this and more...
- Exciting career development opportunities across our transnational, market leading company
- An attractive company pension scheme
- (COMPANY NAME) Group annual profit share
- A growing range of additional benefits
- Flexible working hours
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to (COMPANY NAME) using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by (COMPANY NAME).
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief