Join us as an Infrastructure Designer
* Joining the Product Development team in our Infrastructure Solutions centre of excellence, you'll design innovative, customer centric, high performance, secure and robust infrastructure solutions with the customer and user experience in mind
* With your understanding of infrastructure architecture, you'll make sure the end-to-end design supports the continuous improvement of customer journeys and enhanced customer experiences
* You'll work with colleagues across the bank, allowing you to expand your network and gain exposure for you and your work
What you'll do
As an Infrastructure Designer, you'll be working on service or change initiatives to understand the underpinning infrastructure technologies. You'll do this to develop and reuse infrastructure solution patterns, making sure both functional and operational requirements are met through the infrastructure design, and that the solution is simple, scalable and supportable.
As well as this, your role will involve working with application and infrastructure platform leads and engineers to validate current and target-state designs, making sure that change proposals are well-considered and that any transitional states are acceptable.
You'll also be:
* Using your expertise to develop new products and services so we can specify and develop new products along with our domain customers
* Delivering cost-effective infrastructure designs that meet the requirements for application hosting, making sure the designs align to the target infrastructure products and capabilities
* Promoting best practice in infrastructure architecture and designing methods and standards, helping to maintain the bank's architecture methods for improved operational stability, resilience and security
* Providing hands on support to domain, platform and feature teams in the plan, design, and delivery of IT solutions, driving short and long term infrastructure strategy for the overall IT project portfolio
* Helping the feature teams in defining and delivering their required outcomes, participating in sessions such as sprint planning and story refinement retrospectives
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll need experience of defining infrastructure solutions for complex enterprise systems and expert level knowledge of infrastructure based services. You'll have a good understanding of Agile methodologies with experience of working in an Agile team and you'll have the ability to relate everyday work to the strategic vision of a feature team, with a strong focus on business outcomes.
It's essential that you have a broad range of IT experience, especially across infrastructure technologies such as Linux, Unix, Networks, Wintel and Middleware. In addition, experience of applications, cloud technologies, TOGAF or Archimate would be beneficial.
You'll also demonstrate:
* Experience of developing, syndicating and communicating architectures, designs and proposals for actions
* Experience of working in an environment where products must be delivered to short delivery cycles with frequent deployment
* The ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate product and business requirements into technical solutions
* Experience of working with technology vendors and products within the market
* Experience of infrastructure development best practices and approaches
* The ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to your peers and management level colleagues, with good collaboration and stakeholder management skills
At (COMPANY NAME), we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks