UK&I Assurance | Data & Analytics
Solution Developer (L2) - Assurance, Data & Analytics
Our clients tell us they want to be told something about their business they don't already know, they want insights they aren't getting from their systems and people. A role in Assurance Data & Analytics gives you great access to a vast array of clients and their Data, with your findings backed by the powerful EY brand.
Our clients range from household names, through to small businesses you simply wouldn't think exist.
A typical day probably doesn't exist, but if it did, it would involve talking to stakeholders to understand their needs and challenges, design-work, data wrangling and cleansing, followed by developing a solution. This would typically be either be an analytics solution, automation solution or a digital app built in Low Code. All the work is project based, so there is plenty of variety.
After induction and onboarding you'll be assigned a portfolio of solutions to work on. You will then be responsible for:
* Owning deliverables through their lifecycle, with a mix of new solutions and recurring work.
* Communicating with stakeholders and managers to handle issues and changes in timelines.
* Devising cunning technical solutions to requests and problems, then knowledge sharing these across our team of around 60 professionals.
* Identifying opportunities to make our work, more efficient or effective. Bringing innovative ideas to the leadership team for investment assessment.
* Doing all those things that a professional should, like thinking about data security, archiving, and quality.
Required Skills & Attributes
* A willingness to learn, to work outside your comfort zone, achieving a common goal, supported by a team with diverse backgrounds across a range of geographies.
* Evidence of a logical and detailed oriented mind, able to support our quality agenda and compliance requirements.
* Experience owning deliverables and performing detailed self-review of work.
* Proven ability using technology and analytics to solve business problems, deliver insights, create recommendations or streamline a business process.
* Great written and verbal communication, presentation and client service.
* Strong team player with a solution focused attitude.
* Ability to juggle multiple conflicting deadlines which typically occur during our busy period (Oct-April).
* Flexibility to travel and work in other locations.
* Considered a master user of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerpointPowerPoint.
Ideally you'll also have a few of the following
* Experience working with complex financial or transactional data.
* Data transformation and wrangling tools ranging from SSIS, through to Talend and Alteryx.
* Experience writing code in languages like SQL, Python, R, .NET, Java, VB, ACL, IDEA etc…
* Building visualizations in tools like Power BI, Spotfire, Tableau, or even D3JS.
* Robotic Process Automation experience using tools such as Blue Prism, UI Path or Automation Anywhere.
* App developing using Low Code software such as Microsoft Power Apps, Mendix or Outsystems.
* Testing experience.
* Expertise in an industry or ERP system.
* Awareness of techniques for handling large data sets, ~1bn records in a single table.
* Experience demonstrating or presenting software/tools to internal or external stakeholders.
About EY and our Vision
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We have ambitious goals for 2020. Globally, we want to be #1 or #2 in professional services and be the best brand. To achieve this, our teams need to perform at the highest level, and have a relentless focus on delivering the excellent client service that will help us to continue to grow and become the market leader. In this context, your career will develop and grow.
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So when you build something better at EY, we make sure you're rewarded
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance