As an IT Asset Specialist, your primary responsibility will be to manage the complete IT Asset Management (ITAM) lifecycle (requisition through disposal) of equipment and software, while providing accurate cost, inventory, and utilization information. You will also participate in technical configuration and preparation of IT equipment for delivery to internal customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Coordinate, document, and develop processes and procedures for managing the full lifecycle (requisition to disposal) of IT assets;
* Forecast inventory needs and safety stock by technology (laptops, desktops, servers, network switches, etc.);
* Validate current inventory levels against demand and value targets. Maintain safety stock, reconcile inventory information;
* Verify actual receipts against packing slips/purchase orders and process timely goods receipt updates to procurement system;
* Identify, assemble, and assign inventory assets to customer orders and track delivery status (internal or shipping);
* Prepare monthly metrics and status reporting;
* Prepare initial technical configuration of IT equipment (computers, servers, network equipment) following Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) and work instructions.
Basic Minimum Qualifications (BMQ):
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate with individuals with all levels of technical and non-technical skill sets (i.e. IT Infrastructure engineers, IT Software Developers, Lab Personnel, Project Managers etc.);
* The ability to work independently and as part of a team with a courteous and professional attitude;
* Excellent time management and prioritization skills;
* The ability to handle objections and counter professionally;
* Must have the technical aptitude to learn, apply and solve technological solutions and/or challenges;
* Expertise in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
* Must have experience working with PC based hardware, software and networking components;
* The ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and 150 pounds with assistance;
* Forklift certification a plus.
* High School diploma
* Associate degree or equivalent technical education and/or experience desired;
* Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living in a commutable distance to Lancaster, Pennsylvania are encouraged to apply.
What we Offer:
* Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
* Life and disability insurance
* 401(k) with company match
* Paid vacation and holidays
(COMPANY NAME) is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer