Do you enjoy any of the following?
* Solving complex problems.
* Reasoning about behaviour of distributed algorithms
* Experience with implementing non-trivial infrastructure code.
* Creating well crafted and thoroughly tested features, taking full-responsibility from the design phase.
* Paying attention to all aspects of code quality, from clean-code, to allocation-rates.
* Digging into mechanical sympathy concepts.
* Reading about database design and internals
* Delivering a technical presentation at a conference.
At (COMPANY NAME) you will work with the best engineers out there.
* Who delve into JVM code.
* Who implement and scrutinize garbage collection algorithms.
* Who take any piece of software and multiply its performance by applying deep technical understanding.
* Who regularly squash bugs in the depths of a JVM.
We are looking for people who can deliver solid production code. You may either work in our office (Brno, London or Istanbul) or code remotely from a home office. It is also preferable that you are within a few hours of the CET timezone as this is where most of the developers are based.
With (COMPANY NAME).org you will work on an exciting open-source project that rocks the scene of distributed caching and computing, the (COMPANY NAME) IMDG.
Skills & requirements
We would like you to:
* Be a senior Java engineer - including all aspects connected to it.
* Have and understanding of and interest in:
o distributed systems
o database design
o core java knowledge, such as the Java Memory Model
* Be skeptical yet always open to new concepts.
* Have strong opinions about software quality.
* Be an excellent communicator in written and spoken English