(COMPANY NAME) has created SpatialOS: a networking solution combining low latency, tools for faster iteration, and a ready-to-go architecture capable of supporting innovative games.
Now the (COMPANY NAME) Defence division, building on the backbone of SpatialOS, has combined world class scientific modelling, market leading AI, mission specific user interfaces and a uniquely flexible and secure deployment model to create a powerful simulation platform tailored to the needs of the military.
Our mission? To enable the most realistic and effective military simulations ever experienced, making defence users more effective on operations and decreasing the cost of military preparedness.
is to build a secure platform that needs to work in many different environments; from internal development flows, to partner installations and finally customer sites. Each has a different set of needs, and DSO works to ensure that we can; Deploy our platform, trust our Security and Operate effectively.
This is a small new team, building deployment architectures that can exploit the cloud, but run on physical hardware if needed. Our security patterns comply with the most stringent requirements, but don't slow developers down, and we build best in class monitoring and operational tools that our developers, partners and our customers.
* Designing patterns for our PaaS and SaaS offerings, which enable Deployment, Security and Operational management, while allowing the projects and teams to grow and solve complex customer needs.
* Deeply understanding our customers current security requirements, and anticipating future needs. Our products will be deployed to increasingly secure environments, with complex deployment, security and operational challenges.
* Building tools and documentation for the process of deploying and operating our platform in all environments.
* Supporting other engineering teams in writing secure and deployable software; providing best practice guidance and reviewing code and architecture.
* You will help and advise our engineering design to make best use of orchestrating frameworks such as Kubernetes, and you will advise on security implications within a microservices architecture.
We'd love to hear from you if you identify with the following:
* You are a Lead software engineer with a demonstrable history of deploying complex Iaas, PaaS or SaaS software to customers with complex security requirements.
* You have worked on a range of infrastructure or platform projects and are experienced with orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes.
* You have worked with a range of OO languages and are comfortable working with new technologies as they arise.
* You enjoy systems architecture work, collaborating with a range of stakeholders inside and outside of the business.
* You enjoy and are adept at mentoring and helping other engineers to understand complex deployments.
Nb: While we think the above experience could be important, we can't predict the future and so we're keen to hear from applicants that believe they have valuable experience. If you identify with the team & mission, but not all of the suggestions, then please still apply!!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that's why our teams at (COMPANY NAME) are made up of an incredible range of talented people. (COMPANY NAME) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status