At (COMPANY NAME) we believe there's a better way to do banking - we care deeply about our customers, are innovative and execute quickly.
As the size and sophistication of our Borrowing (consumer lending) portfolio grows, we have an increasing need to compute, forecast and manage our credit risk capital. Our ambition is to build out a robust set of capital models and processes so that we can both meet our regulatory obligations and provide value-adding insights into underwriting and portfolio management. We are looking for a new Capital and Forecasting Lead to join the team, take on this challenge and help us make this ambition into reality.
You should apply if:
* You have strong domain knowledge in credit risk capital modelling on consumer lending portfolios. The most important areas are: Pillar 2a credit risk, Pillar 2a concentration risk and Stress Testing. Pillar 1 IRB modelling experience is also desirable
* You have a working knowledge of IFRS9 impairments, in particular their relationship with credit Stress Testing
* You have strong analytical and data capabilities, backed up by technical coding skills. Both SQL and Python are strongly desirable
* You have a strong track record as a project manager
* You are a clear and precise communicator, able to cut through complex problems and articulate decision points for our executive team
* People management experience is a plus
* You have a working understanding of the regulations that apply to lending in the UK
* You thrive in a fast-paced environment
* You are highly motivated and energised by the idea of bringing positive impact to our customers and (COMPANY NAME)
You'll spend your time:
* Leading a small team that will own and manage all of our capital and forecasting models
* Executing portfolio forecasts and stress tests
* Managing and coaching Credit Analysts to perform to the best of their abilities
* Managing projects ranging across: model development, implementation, scenario design, data manipulation and documentation (both of models and of modelled results for eg: annual ICAAP exercises)
* Reporting forecasting and Stress Testing results to (COMPANY NAME)'s executive team, in particular our GM of Borrowing, CFO and CRO
The application process consists of a recruiter call, a phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by a practical written exercise and then final stage interviews conducted via google hangout.
This role is based in the London office, however given the current circumstances we are all working remotely.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you'd prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we'll facilitate this wherever we can - whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance. We're keen to ensure we're designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
Competitive salary plus stock options and other benefits.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At (COMPANY NAME), embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status
|Posted on:||14 Jan 2021|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|