We are recruiting for an IT Security Controls Tester to join the Controls Assurance Team within (COMPANY NAME).
The Controls Assurance team within the IT Risk & Assurance function delivers first line of defence security controls assurance for IT General Controls (ITGCs) across relevant applications, infrastructure and processes for UK and Group markets.
We ensure that (COMPANY NAME) can measure the adequacy and effectiveness of its control environment, supporting (COMPANY NAME)'s annual financial reporting audit. We work with a board range of colleagues including CISO, IT, Finance, and our external auditors. We collaborate with security specialists and risk managers, as well as colleagues internationally with regards to testing activity completed in international markets.
In this role you'll be responsible for the delivery of defined security and IT general computing controls (GCC) testing across markets and reporting the results. In addition, you'll contribute to - and at times, lead on - the development and continuous improvement of controls testing methodology.
Our team is currently Norwich based although we will consider applications from any location. Once we are back onsite more frequently there will be a requirement to travel to Norwich periodically to participate in face to face team meetings.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Delivery of controls testing activity as required, and support in the delivery of testing activity by other colleagues within the team.
* Reporting on the status of controls testing activity and on issues arising from this testing to colleagues at all levels.
* Identify potential risks and issues and, where required, liaise with Operational and Risk colleagues to formally raise these.
* Aid the development and continuous improvement of the information security mandatory controls framework and controls testing methodology across the UK and globally.
* Support the development of a global controls testing community.
* Provide support, guidance and mentoring to junior peers and new recruits on processes and task management.
Skills & Experience required:
* A broad knowledge of controls assurance methodologies or IT systems, security and/or day to day IT Operation.
* A dedication to personal development and a desire to learn.
* The ability to work actively and effectively as part of a distributed team to deliver results.
* Superb communication and collaboration skills.
Desirable knowledge and qualifications:
* A degree, ideally in a technology related subject and/or relevant organisational and subject matter expertise.
* Relevant industry qualification (e.g. Certified Ethical Hacker, CISA, SSCP, CISSP).
* A specialism in any of the following: Digital Systems, Microsoft Technologies, Unix, Linux, Oracle, Cryptography, Cloud Computing or System Architecture.
What will you get for this role?
* Salary of Ł30,000 depending on skills, experience, and qualifications.
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
* Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
* Up to 40% discount for some (COMPANY NAME) products through "My (COMPANY NAME) Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply).
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
Working at (COMPANY NAME)
At (COMPANY NAME), we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Alice Neal a call on 0xxx xxx xxx6 or send an email to email@example.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role
|Posted on:||05 May 2021|