The role is to develop software to control snake-arm robots. The range of software developed is wide, encompassing robot control and kinematics, to 3D graphics and sensors. It is working with a highly skilled team of engineers with wide ranging specialisms of software, electronics and mechanical engineering. OC Robotics is a world-leader in snake-arm robots, developing robots for a diverse range of applications from aviation and aerospace to construction and decommissioning.
* Design, develop, implement and maintain software to control snake-arm robots, industrial robots, tools and sensors
* Design, develop, implement and maintain software to control test rigs and other hardware
* Deliver customer requirements (internal and external customers)
* Take ownership of tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary.
* Maintain the quality in all software by actively testing, fixing and improving
* Ability to help team members through pair programming and code reviews.
* Provide ideas for, and support with, the implementation of over-arching software architecture
* Has the ability to evaluate basic technology choices and articulate tradeoffs.
* Skilled in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
* Good degree (or equivalent) in a rigorous engineering, scientific, or mathematical subject
* Demonstrably good C/C++ skills
* Strong of mathematical ability particularly with 3D geometry
* Good problem solving skills
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://wxx.xxxx.xxxxxxxxxx.xxx.xx/xxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxg
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
* Positive, self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to apply a high level of initiative
* Control theory experience
* Good team-working skills and communicator
* Good organisation skills
* Able to prioritise under pressure and work unsupervised
OC Robotics is based in Filton, Bristol and is part of GE Aviation. We are a small team working to deliver snake-arm robots systems and engineering solutions across many different sectors including aerospace, construction and nuclear.
OC Robotics is a world leading designer and manufacturer of commercial snake-arm robots and software for confined and hazardous environments.
This role will be based at Oliver Crispin Robotics Ltd, Filton, Bristol and may involve UK and worldwide travel as required to suit business need.
Locations: United Kingdom; Bristol