Who is (COMPANY NAME)?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless«. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Principal Solution Architect
Solutions Architect, Senior Consultant
Solutions Design and Architecture (SD&A) provide Technical/ Architectural leadership for VocaLink's multi-million pound, international projects and programmes.
The role is responsible for delivering integrated solution architectures for our international programmes of work, meeting current and future business needs and aligning with/leveraging VocaLink's Enterprise Architecture and Product Roadmaps.
This is a senior role that will involve working both on shore and remotely on client site, with a wide variety of internal and customer stakeholders, to provide quality and cost effective solutions.
* Provide credible technical knowledge and insight to senior stakeholders and external customers. You will be responsible for delivering technical presentations to key external stakeholders and customers.
* Take a leading role during discovery / elaboration phases to ensure customers understand what is required architecturally to deliver a
* Ensure external customers architecturally significant requirements are realise d as part of a customer solution either through extensions to Vocalink Products or through localisations
* Provide the leadership to bring together business, application, infrastructure and data requirements into a single view of solutions options and recommendations.
* Understand and manage stakeholder expectations at a senior level. Provide clear choices and recommendations that enable both business and technical decision making.
* Support VocaLink's international technical pre-sales activities, understanding customer requirements, and aligning these to VocaLink's technical capabilities and Products.
* Maintain an expert level of technical knowledge in the required technical areas and a broader specialist base as new technologies emerge.
* Through the selection of appropriate solutions drive the reduction of cost to VocaLink and maximise financial return on investment.
* Define and ensure the architecture and design approach is appropriately planned and delivered against. Own the suitability of the activities and artefacts to ensure the approach is not under/over engineered. Clearly report progress against plans and escalate as needed.
* Overall accountability for the solution architecture and subsequent design artefacts. Ensure solutions are for purpose and fit for strategy as well as meeting VocaLink standards and regulatory requirements.
* Responsible across the lifetime of agreed projects for identifying and documenting key architecture decisions and ensuring these are agreed by following the Architectural Governance process.
* Overall responsibility for ensuring estimates are completed in line with the agreed solution and that assumption are stated and consistent
* Support the testing function in ensuring testing strategies are appropriate for the solution
* Ensure that development teams fully understand, and follow Solutions Designs
* Support the leadership of the team and department by setting a high performance benchmark and encouraging and inspiring excellence in the team
* Lead by example and model the VocaLink behaviours to the team and wider organisation. Motivate, inspire and give clear direction.
All About You
* You will have extensive IT experience, with significant experience in a senior architectural roles.
* You will have experience and used, at least one recognised architecture framework or standard e.g. TOGAF, Zachman Architecture Framework.
* You will be able to present and communicate complex architectural issues clearly and concisely with technical and non-technical audiences from senior stakeholders to project teams.
* You will have experience of operating within a corporate architecture governance framework and standards
* You will have excellent interpersonal skills including facilitation, negotiation, collaboration and influencing
* You will be commercially and politically astute, able to see solutions in wider context of VocaLink strategy and customer engagement
* You will be able to determine approaches to solve complex programme level requirements into leading technical teams to delivered the required architecture and design deliverables.
* You will have understanding of the product and project development lifecycle from strategy or pre-sales to live operation and support, ideally from a managed services perspective
* You will be able to assemble a broad set of technologies and services to create a complete solution to a business requirement: application software, middleware, database, hardware, storage, network
* You will have an understanding of solution trade-offs such as cost, scope, timescale, and balance between long-term strategic and short-term pragmatic considerations
* You will be able to work with domain and technology experts to develop solution from high level architecture to detailed design level - recognised as a subject matter expert
(COMPANY NAME) is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly