Who is (COMPANY NAME)?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless«. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
About the role
Vocalink's International Payment applications underpin national economies world-wide. It is essential that we respond to any incident affecting these platforms with a strong and co-ordinated response to minimise any impact to the flow payments in our customers' banking systems.
The role of Incident Manager is accountable for the recovery of service during a major incident. This includes:
* Communication with senior stakeholders
* Resource management
* Cross-team co-ordination
* Recovery of service within an agreed recovery plan
All aspects of the recovery come under control of the Incident Commander during a major incident. The role holder will be responsible for ensuring that the technical teams are working towards an agreed and targeted plan. At all times the Incident Commander must be able to summarise the current position to stakeholders, to ensure clear visibility of the issue and its impacts.
Outside of Major Incidents the IC will be responsible for ensuring that all open incidents and problem records have an action plan and that the plan is currently active. The IC must be always aware of the service status to ensure clear communication with our stakeholders.
* Leadership and decision making during Major Incidents
* Working to resolve incidents within SLAs and adhering to the Incident Management processes
* Obtaining status updates from all participants
* Forming and leading action plans for resolution of incidents
* Provide cross function co-ordination
* Hold regular fire-drills to test readiness of the react support team(s) and provide feedback and action plans to fix any performance deficits observed
* Ensuring all incidents are followed to resolution
* Managing problem records and follow-up actions to completion
* Communication with and updates to senior stakeholders
All about you
* Previous Incident Management experience
* Strong skills in communication with stakeholders
* Able to summarise technical information in a concise and comprehensible manner
* Confident in making service-affecting, technical decisions
* Exceptional problem solving skills.
* Able to lead diverse teams in high pressure situations.
* Exposure and knowledge of Java, Database, Unix, and Erlang technologies
* Payments industry experience
(COMPANY NAME) is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly