As a Software Engineer at (COMPANY NAME), you will operate as part of the ADS-B engineering team that iterates on hardware design and interfaces with the R&D, manufacturing, and operations teams to design, assemble, test and operates payloads on (COMPANY NAME)'s satellites.
Ideal candidates will embrace the commercialization of nanosatellite systems and adapt to low-cost, fast-paced systems design, development, and implementation methodologies that set (COMPANY NAME) apart from our competition. In this fast-paced environment, the design to launch cycle is measured in weeks and months, not years.
Responsibilities of your role:
* Design and implement satellite payload software on embedded Linux platform
* Be hands-on in laboratory and manufacturing environments during testing, integration, and qualification of flight systems
* Provide support and analysis for on-orbit operations of satellites
Qualifications / Experience:
* Extensive experience with C and C++: application SW, data manipulation, concurrency, etc.
* Extensive experience with build systems: Make, CMake, QMake, etc
* Experience with efficient and robust implementation of complex algorithms
* Software Design with memory, processor, and real-time constraints
* Test frameworks: Google Test, PyUnit, or similar
* Strong Linux skills: extensive CLI/scripting familiarity, drivers, etc.
* Scripting familiarity: Python, Bash, etc.
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following areas:
* Domain knowledge (ADS-B, RF, Space)
* Embedded OS (FreeRTOS, Yocto Embedded Linux)
* C or C++ development for embedded systems
* General hardware skills (EE, PCB, PSI)
* FPGA expertise (Verilog, VHDL)
* Data analysis and visualization