Join us in Manchester as an International & Complex Payments Platform Lead
* As an International & Complex Payments Platform Lead, you'll be part of the senior leadership of the Payments Technology team, accountable for the safe and quality enablement of changes across multiple payment technology environments
* Payments technology enables the processing of the UK's largest payments processing capability, which the government, corporates, small businesses and individuals all rely on being operational when they need it
* You'll be responsible for all aspects of the change, run and operational health of the services that support the delivery of the payments services to customers
What you'll do
This critical leadership role partners with centres of excellence to deliver customer outcomes, while creating a continuous learning environment that inspires, sustains, nurtures and cares for our peoples' careers, capabilities and wellbeing, driving and role modelling the mindsets and behaviours of our banks ways of working. We'll look to you to own the SWIFT platform and all complex payment platforms.
You'll own and create the platform technical road map with the right architecture, solutions and commercial value, and manage the tensions inherent in working through the implementation of competing customer priorities with the right business leaders and business product owners. In addition, you'll be optimising the scheduling and sequencing of initiatives and achieving the agreed targets for the cycle time, risk and cost profiles of the platform.
You'll also be:
* Accountable for the technical architecture enablement, simplification and design of the platform and the alignment to domain and enterprise roadmaps
* Delivering, owning and maintaining the platform operational stability and performance of technology, including the maintenance of any applications, systems, utilities and tools provided by the platform
* Owning the remediation of technical issues and the simplification and improvement of the platform architecture and technology
* Deploying your expertise to make sure that the business solutions are optimal in the context of customer needs and the overall technology strategy and roadmap, improving and constructively challenging where appropriate
* Owning the financial, commercial and flow performance of the platform and proactively tracking, reporting and acting to drive the improvement of the associated metrics and measures of the platform and third parties
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll need knowledge of the architecture and platforms, and SWIFT platform knowledge essential. You'll have demonstrable experience and knowledge of working and running high performance large scaled Agile and non Agile programmes, projects and teams, as well as in-depth domain or platform product knowledge, experience and expertise. You'll also need business or systems analytical skills and a strong understanding of platform applications and services, with the ability to convert a business ask to a technical solution.
You'll also demonstrate:
* Significant payments industry experience from a banking, retail, fintech or supplier environment
* Experience of working in a matrix based environment with strong stakeholder engagement across technology, business, operations and externally
* Operational, risk management, financial management, collaboration and negotiations experience and expertise
* Strong leadership ability, including Agile and servant leadership
* Architecture, design and engineering skills, relevant to the specific platforms
* An expert understanding of running large complex projects spanning multiple teams and senior governance forums
* Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to your peers and management level colleagues
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more