(COMPANY NAME) Technology is going through an exciting period of transition and major investment. This includes a number of strategic programmes to deliver the amazing technology and business solutions to support our ambitious global growth plans. At the heart of these plans is the rebuilding of our digital platforms and channels to provide the best shopping experience for our customers. Our plan is designed to enable us to really put our mobile experience first, enable personalisation and support a data driven organisation. We are also making significant investments in all our Buying, Merchandising, Finance and People systems with the latest toolsets and applications to accelerate the next phase of our global growth. We are also improving our ways of working within Technology to enable autonomous platform development and improve our engineering and agile practices.
(COMPANY NAME) is one of the UK's top fashion and beauty destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Our values are to be authentic, brave and creative, and we live and breathe these in everything we do.
We believe fashion can make you look, feel and be your best and, with technology in our DNA, we deliver the latest trends to our digital-obsessed 20-something market. Our award winning Tech teams sit at the heart of our business. We deliver technical innovation and pioneer incredible solutions, which are crucial to our continued success. We're extremely ambitious and thrive on the individuality of our amazing employees. Our values encompass everything needed for our tech people to be the thought leaders of tomorrow.
As a Problem Manager at (COMPANY NAME) you are the face and voice of the process and its application. It is anticipated that you will act as a subject matter expert on the best practice and utilisation of the Problem Management process across the support environment, as well as applying that knowledge effectively in the management, coordination and reporting of all Problem Management activities taking responsibility for high visibility, high impact issues encountered within IT as part of providing a stable and effective support solution across the business.
The role calls for a multi-faceted approach in providing value through applying the requisite Problem Management actions in both a proactive manner as well as at the conclusion of Major Incidents; conducting Major Incident Reviews, initiating the appropriate Problem Management investigations to identify and address Root Cause and to reduce reoccurring incidents as well as accurately and effectively reporting on those endeavours.
The requirements and scope of the role includes, but is not limited to, the following key elements;
* Responsibility for the Problem Management function and process;
* Reviewing Problem Requests
* Creating Problem Records
* Managing updates.
* Ensuring an assessment is completed of implemented fixes.
* Progression of all open Problems and Known Errors.
* Actioning and responding to queries in the Problem Management mailbox.
* Individual tracking, monitoring and management all open Problem Records from inception to closure.
* Ownership of the investigation into High Priority Problems and possible causes including sessions with technical team to complete a technical walk through and review of architecture designs.
* Scheduled bi-weekly meetings with Team Leads and Line Managers to discuss potential Problems to be raised, open problems, road blocks, progress and updates for those teams and Platforms with any outstanding Problem Records.
* Scheduled monthly meetings with Team Leads and Line Managers to discuss potential Problems to be raised, open problems, road blocks, progress and updates for those teams and Platforms without any existing Problem Records.
* Ad-hoc meetings for specific problems including Major Incident follow up and RCA analysis.
* Complete and circulate Weekly & monthly reporting activities (Content to be determined and communicated.) to predefined stakeholders
* Managing, maintaining and improving the Problem Management tooling in ServiceNow.
* Application and adherence to Problem Management process & governance.
* Process Architecture: This includes Process reviews, updates and documentation, reviewing support processes following Major Incidents. Monitoring and escalation reviews and incident response reviews.
* Effectively prioritise Problem Management activities to ensure that the key business drivers are addressed as a primary objective.
* Ensure all necessary reporting and metrics are completed for Problem as well as generating problem summaries for P1 issues.
* Investigate the underlying Root Causes of Major and persistent / recurring incidents and managing them with support teams through to resolution
* Manage and progress high priority Problem investigations, coordinating resources and ensuring effective traction in the investigations undertaken.
* Produce metrics for both service and performance against the Problem process on a weekly and monthly basis.
* Provide consistent, regular and effective communications around the progress and advancement of high priority Problems against a defined schedule.
* Ensure regular reporting on determined KPI measures and the delivery of quality metrics (in relation to Incident and Problem management).
* To regularly review performance in respect of Problems of all types and contribute to Continuous Service Improvement activities and Service Review meetings.
* To initiate and utilise trending data to identify, and subsequently address, any process failings or issues within the support environment.
* An understanding of functioning Service Level Agreements and their application.
* Commitment to Quality Standards and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
* Good analytical skills with a structured and methodical approach to tasks and objectives.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills to be utilised across Technology as well as within the larger business community.
* Identify the work required and organise, facilitate and/or address the work with only the need for limited guidance from line management.
* Previous experience of working in a customer support role in a large-scale and diverse environment incorporating Incident Management, Problem Management, escalation procedures and awareness of other ITIL related disciplines.
* Previous Problem Management experience.
* Strong service attitude; the ability to develop and build lasting customer relationships.
Nice to haves:
ITIL Service Management Foundation Certification or extensive experience of working in such an environment.