The LUCA product team is responsible for designing and delivering global Big Data products across (COMPANY NAME)'s footprint in Europe and Latin America. LUCA analyses data from (COMPANY NAME)'s operating units and uses it to generate insights about crowd mobility and audience profiles to help our B2B customers make informed business decisions. LUCA provides a global vision to co-ordinate the work of the various Big Data teams across our footprint (UK, Spain, Brazil Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Peru etc).
This vacancy is for a role within the Smart Steps® product management team. LUCA's Smart Steps platform processes events produced by our mobile networks to generate insights for the Transport, Retail, Tourism and media sector. Smart Steps is the main driver of revenue for Big Data within (COMPANY NAME) and is a market leading proposition. The platform operates in eleven countries within the (COMPANY NAME) footprint, and has also been licensed to other Telco's around the world. This is a real 'BIG DATA' product, handling billions of events per day.
The objective of this role is to deliver product management within a Big Data environment. A successful candidate will need to have the knowledge and skills to carry out competitor analysis, design a value proposition, manage pricing and channel strategy, target customers, create marketing material, identify barriers to purchase and so on. At the same time, they will need to understand the analytics behind the product and be able to define and prioritise improvements. As a product manager, this individual will need to interface across technical, legal and operations departments and will play a pivotal role in launching products and supporting them in-life. A successful candidate will be able to understand and navigate the processes and challenges used by these different departments and to 'speak their language'. Whether it's validating new markets, assessing the implications of GDPR legislation or understanding a new technical architecture this individual will need to be open to learn new things each day and take a pro-active approach to solving problems.
The main responsibilities of the role are, as a product manager:
* Identify new market needs, target customers and listen and learn from our OBs (operational businesses).
* Being able to communicate at a high level the benefits of technical or analytical product capabilities, both internally and externally at events or industry forums.
* Support our technical team to define requirements and support QA tests
* Be part of a community of product managers in LUCA to share best practices with all the OBs.
* Be part of the definition of new operational models for the new product capabilities. Working with our technical and engineering departments.
* Pro-active follow-up of all the internal departments whose contribution is need it to finalize a new version of the product.
* Understand legal topics in relation to our products, partners and customers associated with Smart Steps data and insights.
* Share knowledge within and outside the team.
* Be able to create a trusted relationship with our internal customer: the OBs
And as an expert on Big Data:
* Fully understand analytical capabilities of Smart Steps and be able to explain it to OBs at events, industry forums, etc.
* Help define our analytical strategy for next 2-3 years.
* Identify new data sources that can improve our insights to reach new use cases or new target customers.
* Being able to manage data feeds (clean, transform, analyse, etc.) to understand their potential value and quality.
Some of the following:
* Training on Product Management or Marketing
* Training in big data, machine learning, data science, statistics...
* A University degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics).
* Product Managment (curiousity about market news, competitors, etc.)
* Strategy thinking and Vision: what do we want our products to look like in 2020? 2021? 2025?
* Communication skills
* Team working
* Analytical thinking
* Basic knowledge of Lean/Agile/Scrum methodologies (Redmine, Jira…).
* Programing: Python libraries, Jupyter, XGBoost, Keras
* Databases: SQL, PostgreSQL, etcc
* Big Data: Spark, Hive, Zeppelin, R, Scala
* 3+ year of Product Management and/or Data Analytics
* English mandatory
* Spanish if its possible, or at least willing to start to learn it
If you join Telefónica
You join almost 100 years of history, you join a team of 106 nationalities present in more tan 35 countries. You join a team that works to connect people wherever they are. We are leading the digital revolution with the enthusiasm of the first day in all our businesses, creating the best digital ecosystem for our clients: network, IoT, cloud, security, innovation etc. Here, at Telefónica you count with everything you need to be the best you. We need people like you that wants to take this challenge of creating the Telefónica of tomorrow.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to the new working ways. Under our proposition "Disconnect to Reconnect" we have applied the Digital Disconnection.
We strongly believe diverse and inclusive teams become more innovative and they achieve improved results. (COMPANY NAME) aims to promote and guarantee a place for everyone, just the way we are: gender, age range, sexual orientation and/or identity, culture, creed, disability or any other personal condition