Who is (COMPANY NAME)?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
The Product Manager is responsible for defining, developing and managing VocaLink's portfolio of Real-Time Payments products and services.
The Product Manager is responsible for the commercial success of a set of products. This is achieved by managing the products throughout the lifecycle, ensuring they generate revenue and profit for the Company in line with defined budgets and plans.
This lifecycle begins with the product concept, continues through the design and development of the product to the stage where it is mature and generating maximum value for the company; and, comes to completion with a replacement, retirement or renewal product strategy.
The Product Manager is the product champion throughout the lifecycle and is an expert in the features, benefits and capabilities of the products and how they meet the needs of current and future customers.
The Product Manager will similarly be extremely familiar with the technical, operational and legal and regulatory environments within which the products operate. They will be a key advocate of the products both internally to the company and externally.
The Product Manager will liaise closely with all other members of the team, and where appropriate provide support to other members of the team to transition new business to BAU (in particular as new products are handed over for ongoing product management post live and once stable). They may also need to form relationships with external channels to help with the market evaluation of any new service provision.
Key accountabilities and duties:
Engage in idea generation for enhancements to existing/new products, concept validation and business case development, by:
* Identify and evaluate potential product enhancement and development opportunities by:
* Reviewing market research and undertaking competitor analysis of potential products or product features
* Consulting relationship managers, other internal stakeholders and customers/partners
* Influence and drive product enhancements to delivery to fuel short and long term growth through:
* Validation of the product proposition, its value to the end customer and cost / pricing impacts and product specification, describing the end to end requirements
* Collaboration with O&T colleagues to validate technical feasibility and estimated development costs, risks and impacts
* Collaboration with wider business operations, legal and compliance to establish the target operating model and understand any risks, headcount costs and overheads
* Creation of the business case, including key assumptions, business and product requirements and financial impacts
* Develop customer-ready communication materials to support validation discussions with clients
* Creation of detailed product features and acceptance criteria for sizing and prioritisation within our agile framework
* Support for development teams throughout development, with sign off of features against acceptance criteria through agile team demos and testing output
* Support definition of implementation requirements
Ensure global relevance by adapting requirements and eventual solutions to different geographies, regions and partner needs. Work closely with global colleagues to drive economies of scale and common requirements as necessary
Provide support and subject matter expertise on product related matters, assisting in customer pitches, supporting initial scoping and evaluation.
Provide training materials, material development and product expertise for RFP support
Knowledge and expertise
* Experience in the financial services sector
* Background or experience in devising, creating and/or delivering products (and associated features) that enhance the end-user experience by leveraging emerging technologies and trends
* Strong collaboration skills with an ability to drive tasks to completion in a lead role
* Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to work with and influence people across the organisation
* Pro-active, collaborative and dynamic operating style
* Good customer facing experience, working across multiple levels within an organisation
* Strong time management, project and organisational skills.
* React quickly to changing priorities and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
* Proven ability to manage multiple initiatives concurrently
* Experience in digital payments channels such as mobile and ecommerce beneficial
* Highly motivated and committed to the role and Vocalink's future. Positively influences others and supports team to achieve business goals
The following technical competencies are required:-
* MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) experience
* Ability to present analysis and key findings to senior management level / industry bodies in a clear yet informative manner.
* Translate business information requirements to provide meaningful analytical results. (Identify and analyse data utilising third party data / presenting findings).
* B2B product management experience (several years) with P&L responsibility
* Experience of payments systems, particularly those
Domestic and International travel may also be required from time to time
Good level of secondary education, to a minimum of 'A' level (or equivalent), degree or relevant industry-based qualifications and experience within the payments industry.
Appropriate professional qualifications.
Expected income (for income generating roles only): Contribute to team targets
Total budget of responsibility: The product being managed is likely to require annual spend of £500k to £2m
Key relationships / Contacts:
* Executive management in customer, consumer and partner organisations.
* Business Unit Management Team and their direct reports.
* Senior, peer, managers within Product Management.
* Senior, peer, managers within all other Business Units.
* COO Directors and their direct reports.
* Corporate Marketing Managers.
* Key industry bodies (UK Payments Council, Bank of England, Local and Regional Government bodies, Consumer groups, KPMG)
(COMPANY NAME) is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly