Business Unit: Cavendish Nuclear
Any salary range shown is indicative, and automatically generated by LinkedIn from estimated data only
Here at Cavendish Nuclear, we are currently recruiting for a Legal Counsel to join our team in Warrington
We are proud to be the UK's leading supplier to the nuclear industry and a growing global force. From our inception during the earliest days of nuclear research and development, we recognised that a focus on people and the expertise they deliver is the key to meeting the challenges of this exciting technology.
The breadth of our expertise means we are able to offer unrivalled experience and specialist knowledge across all aspects of the nuclear energy life cycle, from design and build, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
In this role, you will support the Head of Legal in their business wide duties and operate as part of the general commercial team. This role works alongside procurement, bidding and the wider commercial function.
You will provide legal advice, which is succinct and readily understandable by all, and can practice effective advocacy with third parties. Acting honestly and with integrity, in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements and the Solicitors' Regulatory Authority Handbook and Code of Conduct in dealing with the legal, compliance and governance issues faced by the business.
Key duties will include:
* Drafting and reviewing Commercial Contracts
* Managing current and new Intellectual Property, including Patent applications
* Monitoring orders raised and receipts received with regard to external lawyers and Patent Attorneys
* Liaising with external solicitors where required in relation to any current legal issues.
* Updating the Litigation Report each Month from within Cavendish Nuclear
* Maintaining the Document Retention System
* Maintaining the Legal SharePoint Site
* Updating the Management System, and developing new processes and procedures as necessary
* Handling of highly confidential correspondence including staff related issues and legally privileged
* Managing internal Legal current awareness
* Managing matters at risk of litigation/and or litigated matter
* Reviewing and approving Non-disclosure agreements and Memorandum of Understandings
* Provide support where appropriate on commercial projects
* Undertake legal research that is accurate and reliable
* Manage the annual insurance renewals, along with liaising with insurer or broker to answer insurance questions
* Implement and improve upon administrative processes for more efficient workflow
* Undertake annual data protection audits to ensure compliance
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
Ideally, you will be a qualified legal professional (Solicitor), or hold a level 6 or equivalent legal qualification and be in the process of becoming a qualified professional
You will have experience working in a similar Legal Counsel / Solicitor role, within private practice, or in-house, with knowledge of conmmercial law and/or intellectual property law.
Confident working independently, you will also have the ability to build effective working relationships with stakeholders across the hierarchy of an organisation.
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
Babcock are continuing with essential recruitment activity but implementing relevant recommendations to ensure that this is done in a responsible way with consideration of the unprecedented circumstances we are facing.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
This advice is valid at the time of publication and changing government advice and Babcock working practices take precedence at any particular time.
|Posted on:||05 May 2021|
|Industry:||Aerospace / Defense|