Legal Team at (COMPANY NAME)
Suits? Nope - we don't do that. Saying no as often as possible? We hate telling people that they can't do something. Taking as long as we like to do things because we're busy? We know that that's not acceptable, as everyone's busy at (COMPANY NAME). We like getting things to people by the date they need them, and love finding ways of doing things more and more efficiently. We know we provide a service to (COMPANY NAME), and that it's the business that makes the money. We're here to help make that business as successful as possible. To do that, we have to stay down to earth so that we can effectively help our commercial colleagues drive the business forward.
This is an exciting time to join the IP & Brand sub-team, as we have recently brought the trade mark function in-house for the first time - over 19 years after (COMPANY NAME) was first created!
The role and what success looks like
The Trade Mark Billing & Database Assistant will sit in the IP & Brand sub-team within the (COMPANY NAME) Legal Department. As an innovative pure-play e-commerce fashion destination, every inch of (COMPANY NAME) incorporates IP and brand. This role will be critical in helping ensure that the IP & Brand division of the legal team meets the needs and requirements of all elements of (COMPANY NAME)' business across the globe, requiring the ability to manage a number of competing tasks and have a very eager eye for detail. You'll need to be hands on and a problem solver, with a strong professional ethic. In particular, you'll need to quickly learn and develop skills to manage the billing and trade mark databases.
There are a few key elements to this role:
* Billing related to Legal matters (mostly trade marks), including
* Processing billing on our internal finance system, including
* setting up local lawyers on the system
* chasing invoices from local lawyers, and
* ensuring that invoices are correctly processed on the system
* Seeking cost estimates from local counsel, keeping tabs of estimates & updating budget trackers
* Maintaining a centralised list of preferred trade mark agents with a view to rationalising coverage and costs cross-border
* Manging the ½- financial year and financial year-end billing processes
The billing element will likely be 50% of the role
* IP database tasks, including
* Using the trade mark database to help project future spend
* Assisting with maintaining the IP database with all key info relating to our TM portfolio, design registrations and © registrations
* Producing reports for internal and external stakeholders
* Assisting with ensuring deadlines are correctly recorded and running deadline lists for rest of team (as well as reminding the team of deadlines well in advance!)
* IP - misc tasks, including
* There will also be ad hoc tasks related to trade marks and brand protection, particularly assisting with various trade mark related searches (e.g. on the internet, trade mark registries, company name registries, social media platforms, etc)
* Assisting the with the management of our domain name portfolio.
This is a role for someone who has a very keen eye for detail and who is organised - and an Excel whizz! If you love trade marks, that's a bonus!
Experience and qualifications you'll need
Communication is key to any role in this Legal Department, as our team members continually build relationships at all levels across the business, at the same time as working together to deliver what's needed, when needed, by whatever means necessary. All Legal team members must be approachable & capable of adapting their approach and communications to ensure excellent inter-action with the wide variety of people and personalities across the unique environment of (COMPANY NAME). We're also fast paced, so all team members also need to be adaptable and cope with change quickly, and be enthused and excited about what's around the corner for us.
* Experience of involvement with billing processes is key
* Will ideally suit someone who is a numbers person, who loves fashion, retail and brands
* Previous experience working in a fast-growing, agile, adaptable environment
Skills & Qualifications
* Proficient MS Excel skills - this is super important!
* Excellent other MS skills, i.e. Outlook, Word and PowerPoint