GB, Newport | Skilled Worker / Semi-Skilled Worker | Full-Time | ID: 6968
If you've got a practical knowledge of composites and want to work hands-on with some of the most innovative future blade designs for a market leader, then you should absolutely be applying for this!
Blades Support > Prototype Team > Technician Team UK
The Vestas Power Solutions (VPS) Prototype Team is responsible for the development and verification of new blade designs and carrying out elemental trials for component integration into new blade designs and concepts for making current blades more efficient.
We are the link between design, process development and production.
We pride ourselves at being at the cutting edge of Wind Turbine technology being instrumental in the early concept trials for design through to the handover to manufacturing.
* Create a safe working environment via risk assessment/lift plans and audits
* Assisting/run trials, and proving results in data formats
* Understanding/creation of work instruction
* Read and understand drawing/schematics/tolerances
* Organise and manage projects within the scope of new product development
* Working independently or in a group, and able to lead and instruct production development team
* Proven practical experience within a composite environment
* Qualified to Degree or HND level
* Strong knowledge of composite engineering and manufacturing practices
* Experience with Microsoft office package
* Full and clean driving license
* Experience from an international environment is an advantage
* Experience of working independently as well as in a team, with an open mind-set towards different cultures
* Organised and reliable with a good attention to detail
* Calm and focused when working under difficult or pressurised conditions
* Flexible and adaptable to changes
* Hard working, enjoy challenges and finding solutions
What we offer
We offer you a job in a global organisation with excellent opportunities for cross cultural and personal development. Emphasis is placed on the balance between meeting demanding deadlines and developing high quality innovative solutions to the business.
This position is based in Saint Cross, in the Isle of Wight, UK, but there will be expectations to travel to other Vestas locations across the globe for periods at a time.
For additional information on the position, please contact Recruiter Elin Holm, Sweden at +4xxxxxxxxx3.
You can apply online by clicking on the "Apply Online" button at the top or bottom of this page. Last day of application is 16th of February.
Vestas is the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 105 GW of wind turbines in 80 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 86 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas' more than 24,500 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at wxx.xxxxxx.xxm and following us on our social media channels