POSITION OF THE JOB IN THE ORGANISATION
Department: Supply Chain
MISSION - PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Manage all activities related to product quality assurance, lab testing, and customer compliance for combined FGX UK organization (formerly Fabris Lane and FGX UK). Position located in Stoke-on-Trent with required travel to Surrey sales office, China, and customers as required.
Supply Chain Director, with overall reporting line into the Quality Assurance Director
* Maintain compliance to BS EN ISO/IEC 1xxx5:2005 and UKAS accreditation for FGX UK to include the China and UK laboratory locations.
* Manage the quality system and processes that assures compliance with applicable industry standards for European, Australian, and North American markets. These systems need to take into account the full range of product mix from low end value mass product, mid-tier department store products, sports lifestyle branded lines, to high level specialty shop products.
* Communicate and follow up on quality issues raised from internal inspections, customer complaints, factory inspections, or other failed test reports with the FGX teams; to include but not limited to sales, product development, operations, customer service, China operations teams, and management.
* Champion resolution on all customer related quality issues including but not limited to root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions, chargebacks, returns, etc.
* Implement and maintain a system that ensures all testing and inspection protocols are up to date and in line with customer and regulatory protocols and expectations for the combined UK operations.
* Travel to and support all activities required (ie. develop documentation, training, and process review,) of the China laboratory to ensure UKAS accreditation.
* Interpret and communicate customer product quality requirements and expectations to the suppliers, management teams and inspection departments.
* Coordinate 3rd party testing and inspection resources to ensure customer expectations and commitments are fulfilled. China resources will facilitate the actual sample follow up and testing.
* Manage the customer compliance requirements to include monitoring and reporting social and technical compliance audit status for all FGX UK customers and regulatory bodies. Liaison to the customer for all compliance activities and communication. China resources will conduct actual factory audits and CAP follow up and verification.
* Interpret and report supplier audit, testing, and inspection performance for FGX UK operations in the UK and Asia.
* Maintain internal audit process as necessary in accordance with UKAS and regulatory standard requirements.
* Basic Computer Skills(ie. Excel, windows, Gmail, Google docs).
* Good communication skills.
* Organised with an ability to multitask.
* Technical comprehension of Eyewear construction.
* Comprehensive knowledge of optical standards.
* UKAS knowledge and understanding
* Four year degree preferred.
* Quality field experience desired.
OTHER FEATURES OF JOB
* Office hours are 9.00am - 5.00pm (4.00pm on Fridays).
* Workplace Pension Scheme
* Free car parking
* Discretionary annual bonus scheme
* 23 days holiday per annum rising to 25 days after 5 years' service.
* Ride to Work Bike Scheme
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Staff Discount and 3 free frames per year
* Share Incentive Scheme
* Private Healthcare cover, full company contribution for employee.
* Healthcare Cash Plan
* Life Assurance cover (3 x salary)
About FGX International
An (COMPANY NAME) company, FGX is the world's leading designer and marketer of non-prescription reading glasses, optical frames and sunglasses with a portfolio of established, highly recognized eyewear brands including Foster Grant®, Sight Station®, Magnivision®, Gargoyles®, Corinne McCormack® and SolarShield® and licenses for legendary brands such as Ironman, Body Glove, Field & Stream™ and Rawlings®. With worldwide brand recognition and sales spanning the globe, FGX, headquartered in Smithfield, Rhode Island, maintains a global presence with U.S. locations in Rhode Island and New York and international locations in Canada, Mexico, Italy, UK and China. FGX employs 900 full-time and 3,500 part-time employees.
About (COMPANY NAME)
The world's leading ophthalmic optics company, (COMPANY NAME) designs, manufactures and markets a wide range of lenses to improve and protect eyesight. Its mission is to improve lives by improving sight. To support this mission, (COMPANY NAME) allocates more than EUR200 million to research and innovation every year, in a commitment to continuously bring new, more effective products to market. Its flagship brands are Varilux®, Crizal®, EyezenTM, Transitions®, Definity®, Xperio®, Optifog™, Foster Grant®, Bolon® and Costa®. It also develops and markets equipment, instruments and services for eye care professionals. (COMPANY NAME) reported consolidated revenue of EUR7.5 billion in 2017 and employs approximately 67,000 people worldwide. It markets its products in more than 100 countries and has 34 plants, 481 prescription laboratories and edging facilities, as well as four research and development centers around the world. For more information, please visit wxx.xxxxxxx.xxx. The (COMPANY NAME) share trades on the Euronext Paris market and is included in the Euro Stoxx 50 and the CAC 40 indices